Thursday, March 27, 2008

Finally, Something Good.

hospital tour
So, after the hardest month of my life (okay, I'm exaggerating), I finally have something positive to blog about.
Tonight, we had our hospital tour.
It was just what I needed.
This pregnancy has literally kicked my ass. It's been unpleasant, to say the least (some of you know all the disgusting details- not blog material- and can vouch for me). It's been extremely hard to be excited about another baby when it's giving you such a hard time in the womb!

Arriving at the hospital, seeing the convenience of the layout and visiting the labor and delivery room really started me thinking positively about this little peanut. It's real. It's happening again and it will most likely be completely different than the first.

The night was made even more special by the fact that all of the doctors in our practice were present and gave us a little personal background before the guided tour. I was happy that Tim was able to see and "meet" them all.

Holding hands, walking down the hallways and looking into the rooms still frightened me a little, but it was a good feeling, not a bad one. I'm ready. And of course, visiting those teeny tiny newborns in the nursery always makes me well up inside. It hit me. Our lives are going to change again, very soon. Having Audrey, seeing her for the first time and immediately being overcome with a love I cannot describe in words, was the best day of my life. I'm looking forward to feeling that heart-exploding magic again.

Tonight, I'm optimistic. Covered in varicose veins, wetting my pants every time I cough, recovering from pneumonia and chasing a moody toddler around, but optimistic.

growing

P.S. I forgot to mention that when we got home Audrey asked, "Did you take the baby out, Mama?"

Nope. She's still in there.

8 Comments:

Blogger heder said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:04 AM  
Blogger heder said...

Geez, I just stumbled upon your blog tonight and couldn't stop reading! Now I'm up way past my bedtime. What a great mix of laugh-out-loud funny and precious moments you and your family will be so glad to look back on. I love love love your photography too. I'm hooked!

-heder (fellow Midwestern transplant in ATL)

12:06 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

3 becomes 4 :-) I can't wait to witness the changes in your family and meet the new baby georges - all SO very exciting! boy is time flying...
xxoo mindy

11:55 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

You look fabulous, hang in there you are almost there.
I love the picture of your toes, I can see mine at all now.

2:51 PM  
Blogger tubesy said...

You look amazing, and are a total trooper. I'm excited for you! And I can't wait to see you soon at Beck's wedding!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so happy for you.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Maude Olive said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Alaina said...

Hi Angela - I check in on your blog once in awhile because I love your photographs. Anyway, I love this post (and of course the creative photos) - you made me smile and want another newborn. Good luck, and keep it up!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home