Sunday, February 17, 2008

Most Definitely Losing My Mind

So, Friday? I had the day off. It was great. Furthermore, I decided I would be dropping off Audrey at day care in the morning and taking the day completely for myself. Even better.
Baby Dictator
I was extremely productive. It may not have appeared that way to the average person (aka- my husband) but it's true.

We've lived in our new house for over 6 months, but have yet to secure anything to the walls (meaning photos and paintings and stuff). Curtains for the front room have yet to manifest. Boxes of stuff are still milling about. Why aren't they unpacking themselves?

I digress.

Back on track. I woke up thinking, "I'm going to get this home in order."
I spent the majority of the morning doing laundry and working on the kitchen/dining room. I consolidated much of Tim's stuff and hung a few things on the wall. I started to hang this magnet board that Tim made, but I really need nails instead of screws (which was what I was using before b/c of the plaster walls). So, I go out to the shed to look for two nails. Seems simple enough, right?

I find the shed key, open that sucker up, and this is what I see:

Reason #42 to kill my husband when he gets home. Yes, I know it's the day after Valentine's Day. So what.
It was literally filled to the gills. It was like Tim had just given up and started throwing things atop the already solidified heap. There was no way I was going to find those nails. DAMNIT! So, cursing Tim all the way to the hardware store I buy a package of nails (when I know full well there are a million nails somewhere in that shed).

So, I get back home, put up the magnet board and lose some steam. I do another load of laundry, load the dishwasher and decide to go get Gubby instead of moving on to the living room.
Here's where it gets worse....
I forgot to mention that the shed key is on my spare set of car keys' ring. This set of keys was already in my coat pocket. So, as I was heading out the door, I felt the car key and assumed it was my regular set (same number of keys on the ring).
I pick up Audrey, get back to the house, finally look down at the keys and realize I have the spare set (with the shed key on it) rather than the usual set (that includes the house key). DAMNIT!

We are so locked out.

At least I had my cell phone. I called Tim to let him know to hurry home. Luckily, we only had to wait outside for about 45 minutes. Unfortunately, I have a toddler that refuses to poo-poo at school and needed to go badly as soon as she realized we couldn't go inside.

Once inside, we discuss what we're going to do for dinner. I caved and said, "Let's just go out."
Tim reminded me he had a coupon for the burrito place downtown. Great.
We get to the restaurant, park, are about to put money into the meter when , "DAMNIT!"
"What?" asks Tim.
All I could do was just look at him.
"You forgot your purse."
"Yes. I forgot my purse."
"Let's go home."
All the way back home I'm cursing myself. What is wrong with me? Where is my mind?

Get back to the restaurant. Eat. Tim takes Audrey to wash up the burrito aftermath. While they're gone, I pay the bill. They come back. Tim thrusts the coupon my way.
"DAMNIT!"
"You already paid."
"Yep. I already paid."
"Let's go home."

I'm surprised I remembered how to get there.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

It called "pregnancy brain". Hang in there.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jenny, the Bloggess said...

God. I must be pregnant because I do that kind of crap all the time. Is there such a thing as IUD brain?

4:22 PM  
Blogger geckonia said...

This made me laugh!!! Thanks for that.... I spent all morning in my musty "shed" cleaning... with cramps no less. BTW Audrey looks cuter than ever in that shot.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. I work where your brain spent this day. @$%#$%$ annoying.

everyone lived, though - and I gotta say, has clean clothes. Impressive.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

I just love you.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

Well I know for scientific fact that I'm not pregnant and I do that crap all the time. I locked my keys inside an office where I was doing freelance work. If it hadn't been for El Brown, I wouldn't have had access to my car or apartment.

I gotta say little Miss Audrey Rose looks like she's got a bit of the devil in her in this picture. Like she's saying, "I know I'm cute. Let's see what I can get away with."

12:13 AM  
Blogger amy turn sharp said...

I always feel this way
:) yr awesome though
yr photos make my day

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home