Thursday, January 03, 2008

I'm Still Here...Just Not All of Me.

Leaving the Doctor's Office
This month has been extremely stressful so far.
We received some discouraging news about Baby the day after Christmas. Of course, this led to more testing, which took place today. Now, we wait.
I haven't been able to enjoy this pregnancy as much as the first. I hope I'll get some relief in two weeks (when the test results come back). Everything seems to be put on hold- our excitement, our preparations, even talk about the baby. Keep your fingers crossed for us, please.


She actually posed for me.
In other news, Audrey still refuses to poop on the potty. Today, after Tim brought her home from school, she put on a diaper and assumed her normal pooping position. She likes to go behind the chair in her room. She also likes to be left alone. She'll tell you to get out.
Anyway, Tim and I were leaving her to her business when we hear horrible screams. "Mama! POOP! I POOPED! POOOOOOOP! Mama I pooped on myself!" She was mortified.
Because of the procedure I had done today, even though I was first to arrive on the scene, I could not pick her up. Luckily, Tim was right behind me and lifted her to the tub. It was nasty. She pooped all down both legs. There was poop behind the chair. It was a mess. She wouldn't stop crying and screaming, either.

I couldn't stop laughing.

Thus begins the no more diapers era. I can tell you, it won't fair well with Ms. Apple Bottom.

10 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Are we doing a hue / saturation modification deal here? You promised you'd teach me, oh guru.

Also... ur not in stone mountainz anymore.

j

9:12 PM  
Blogger angela said...

oh, i don't know what you saw. i didn't realize i had posted until just now?
confusing.
anyhoo- when are you coming over? come over. i teach you.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sara Baldwin said...

will be thinking of you guys - hope everything turns out alright.

-sara

12:57 AM  
Blogger tubesy said...

This is Erin--I met you at Becky's shower yesterday! Your poop stories slay me.

I loved meeting and hanging out with you! I know we just met and all, but I will be thinking good thoughts for you guys and the new baby.

8:04 PM  
Blogger cranky said...

Will keep you and the unborn in my Australian lapsed Catholic (is there any other type?) thoughts...pregnancy woes aren't good. At least you have poo to keep your mind off it!

Audrey looks so much like you in that photo! But why do you call her Apple Bottom? Is that what she ate that meant the poo fest?

Your new header is great - like mine a bit! I love me some cupie style dolls...you have them over your way? If not I'll send you one to cheer you up - belinda@crankybee.com with details if you need one!

8:48 AM  
Blogger cranky said...

Oh, I just re-read your comment on my public blog from September, and you said you loved my header photo! SO IT'S SETTLED! You have to - HAVE TO - have one of the dolls, complete in their outfit from my wedding. My husband's Aunt made the outfits for them. I have posted a photo of them over on the blog! It will make you smile during this shit time! Email me, a virtual stranger! And you shall receive!

*blink*

Well, a stranger we might be, but we have similair taste. And I'm an art teacher too.

And with that, I am off to post the pic. And re-fill my rum glass.

Belinda

5:56 AM  
Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Good luck the test results, always scary. I considered potty training my son over Christmas, but couldn't bear the idea of it. It's always nicer to read about someone else's trials with poop, but I'm just not ready to experience it firsthand! :)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thinking of you all. lots of love and keep us posted on the test results and the pooping progress. ;) xoxo

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you guys. Sending good juju your way for happy family thoughts.

Big Hugs,
Alison and Ben

10:19 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

thanks for letting us know. will be thinking of you guys.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home