Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Heck Yeah!

Snow!
It's snowing in Atlanta.
I am so out of the loop and never ever watch the news anymore; I had no idea snow was in the forecast. When I heard that it was, I just laughed it off. Seriously, I never thought I'd see snow again. And what really sucks is that Audrey was not with us this afternoon.

Audrey has pneumonia. Yes, pneumonia. Apparently, it's a lot more common than you think. No need to worry. I'm sure she'll be fine. It sounds a lot scarier than it is. Nonetheless, she stayed with my mom last night and again tonight. (Tim and I couldn't afford to take time off work this week.) I was bummed though, that she wasn't with us to share this "first". I would have loved to see her excitement. Luckily, my parents sensed that I was upset and took her outside for a bit to snap some photos. Good parents. Good parents. They also assured me that she looked better and her fever had gone down. I still miss her.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow.

Snow in Atlanta!

In other news, I'm 20 weeks today. Some of you have been very sweet to call or email. Please understand that I didn't really feel like going into detail about our situation. I simply wanted to put it out of my mind until we received the test results.
You'll be happy to know that my amnio came back normal and everything looks fine. I know I am! I am so relieved. I only hope that the rest is smooth sailing.

Did I say I am hoping for a snow day tomorrow? Freeze already, Atlanta. FREEZE.

Our Shed

10 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Angela, that is wonderful news. I am so happy for that...

Also, I love the pics and this crazy snow.

Still laughing uncontrollably at Southerners and snow, Beck

10:06 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

SOOOOO glad to hear your news! I've been thinking bout ya.

You grew up here right? Seems like when I was a kid we had at least one good snow a year. Enough to have a snow day or two from school.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thank frickin god. I have been so nervous for you guys. What a relief!

You are such a sight for sore eyes - beautiful self portrait, lady. You and that handsome man of yours.

love you both xoMelissa

11:19 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

That awesome news, wishing you a continued healthy pregnancy!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Kathy's Surprise Party said...

Happy to hear you are feeling you relieved. You look lovely in this pic.

4:08 PM  
Blogger cranky said...

Thank GOD! I have been checking in every day waiting for news, and I'm so glad to read it's GOOD NEWS! 20 weeks though! Holy Jesus and the singing orphans! You are gunna be a Mumma again before you know it!

I was 26 before I saw snow - growing up in North West NSW there wasn't much snow to go around. I was really overwhelmed by it - stood crying in the park in Edinburgh, Scotland where I was living at the time. Locals thought I was a goose.

As for pneumonia, I caught it - actually, do you catch it, or develop it? Anyway, I had it just before I flew home from 3 years in the UK, and Japan Airlines gave me a little mask to wear on the plane. How popular did I feel? LOL!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey A
so happy your news was good news!
and I love your beautiful self portrait in the snow
wynn

8:22 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

GREAT NEWS! I am so relieved and thankful for this.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Sara Ashes said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Sara Ashes said...

Angela, your photos are so amazing- I just love them! ANd I love that I finally got to meet you at Beck's shower- hope to see you again!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home