Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Twice in One Day!

I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.
(Backyard. Taken at 2:30am this morning, b/c I couldn't sleep. See number 5 below.)

Hello again.

I'm sad. The appraiser just left our house. I have been so busy that I've put off thoughts of moving. We are m-o-v-i-n-g. We really are. And I'm sad. I'll miss this house. It was our first home and we'll have been here 6 years. I single-handedly redid the master bath, just like I wanted it. Tim has painted every room. (Including three that are almost exactly the same color b/c he can't go to Home Depot without grabbing the same paint chip. That's another story.) Everything matches. Everything has it's place. This is home. Now, we get to start over.

I know. I know. I was the one that stuck the sign in the yard, but damn. I didn't think it would sell that fast. I have been ignoring the fact that we have to pack up an entire house in a matter of two weeks. I'm also not willing to fathom how we're going to fit all of our stuff in a much smaller house that we're going to be paying a lot more for. Who said life gets easier?
At least we'll be able to walk Audrey to school. I won't have to worry about her getting beat up in the girls' bathroom either. Oh, and most importantly, we'll have neighbors that have kids!
Needless to say, the move is for the better. I just can't bring myself to get excited about it, yet.

I have about 10 boxes that I brought home from school. Those? They won't even take care of my closet. Downsize. Minimize. Hello, Yard Sale!

I'm writing this post while taking a break from cleaning and organizing. (Again, just refusing to start boxing up the past six years of my life!) Anyway, I was working up a sweat. And then I started thinking, "I just had my period two weeks early. Now I'm sweating. Is it really hot in here or is it just me? Wait. Yesterday I started sweating after one cup of coffee. What's wrong with me? Oh, no. What are the signs of menopause? Could I be.....nah. Shit. I'd better look it up."
So, I googled it. Here, for your entertainment. After reading them, yes, I think I exhibit every one of these symptoms. See? I just talked myself into menopause. I'm going through menopause. I can't pack!!!

The 35 Symptoms of Menopause

This list of common symptoms that occur during perimenopause and menopause was developed from the real-life experiences of hundreds of women. All symptoms were experienced by numerous women and were either cyclical in nature, or responded to treatments (both traditional and alternative) known to address hormonal imbalances.

Click HERE for the credits to the women who developed this list.

  1. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling (see note)
  2. Irregular heart beat
  3. Irritability
  4. Mood swings, sudden tears
  5. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
  6. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
  7. Loss of libido (see note)
  8. Dry vagina (see note)
  9. Crashing fatigue
  10. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
  11. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom (see note)
  12. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
  13. Disturbing memory lapses
  14. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence (see note)
  15. Itchy, crawly skin (see note)
  16. Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons (see note)
  17. Increased tension in muscles
  18. Breast tenderness
  19. Headache change: increase or decrease
  20. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
  21. Sudden bouts of bloat
  22. Depression (see note)
  23. Exacerbation of existing conditions
  24. Increase in allergies
  25. Weight gain (see note)
  26. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
  27. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
  28. Changes in body odor
  29. Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head (see note)
  30. Tingling in the extremities (see note)
  31. Gum problems, increased bleeding
  32. Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
  33. Osteoporosis (after several years)
  34. Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
  35. Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc. (see note)

9 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

I'm down with menopause-- and frankly, it's a perfect excuse not to pack. it only means that your grrrlfriends need to come over with a bottle of somethin' somethin' and help you along.

I'm NOT OK with this-- "Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing" I already worry that will happen to me on a regular basis. It looks as if I'm gonna have a tough road ahead of me. Good thing I, uh, broke Gar in early.

10:51 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Okay. I was so joking about this, but now I'm starting to get worried. I am so absent minded that I just went upstairs to use the bathroom, sat down and wiped before I peed.

I guess you're not completely crazy if you can laugh at yourself, right?

I need to hear the rest of those funny stories! Tease.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

oh my gosh, i am so sorry for you. especially for items #7, 8, 14, 20 & 28. Or maybe I should say I'm sorry for Tim!

Hey, I'll be in ATL this weekend - perhaps you guys need a couple packing buddies? Rob & I would love to drink some beers and help sort through your life! Call me xox

12:43 PM  
Blogger angela said...

yeah, the dry vagina thing seems super scary. doesn't it?
oh man, are you serious about the packing thing? i so don't even know where to start, but we'd love to see you. by love i mean, jump up and down and hollah and do a happy dance.

i'm so afraid of the things i might find while packing.

6:10 PM  
Blogger rachel ~sesame ellis~ said...

Oh Angela, That is a lot to deal with. Can't stress cause all of those same symptoms!!??!!

Please let me know all you learn packing since I have to face it in a few months for Aus.

6:42 PM  
Blogger angela said...

OOOh Rach, I just googled symptoms of stress. They are almost exactly the same, well minus the dry vagina. Ha! (And for the record....I really don't have that.)
I'm sure it's stress. I just feel like I'm losing my mind.

Internets, take me away!

I'll let you know all about packing woman!

6:59 PM  
Blogger mox said...

I've been menopausal for over a decade??

thanks. I love to feed my psychosomatic tendancies by self-diagnosing. I just wrote about a toilet incident I had when I was going through a divorce...zoned out, needed visual confirmation to see if I had, you know, poo'd cuz i couldn't remember.

rawk on

10:51 PM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Great blog!! I will be back for more

-0-0-

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember discussing the subject in my human development class and what was interesting to me was the lack of menopausal symptoms in menopausal woman of other (read: not americanized) cultures.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home