Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I am no longer The Boss.

I don't really see the point. Do you?
(If she looks a little confused, she is. We never use the comb. I think she thought I was joking when I said, "It goes in your hair. Like this!")

This morning:
I am in bed, sleeping soundly. Tim has gotten Audrey out of bed and plopped her next to me. I feel her lean in near my face.

Audrey: Mommmmmma! (Pause.) Mommmmmmmmmy!
Me: Uh-huh? (Eyes still closed.)
Audrey: No. No say uh-huh. Say, "Yes, Audrey."
Me: (Laughing inside.)
Audrey: Mommmmma! (Pause.) Mommmmmmmmmmmmma!
Me: Yes, Audrey.
Audrey: Get up Momma. Get clothes on Momma. Get up now!

There is a new Boss in the house. The battle for power begins. I hope I have the strength.

Happy Birthday to the Funniest Man in the World aka my hubba hubba. He stayed home today. Yay!

5 Comments:

Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Beautiful eyes!!!!!!!

Linda

7:16 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

I just found your blog via another's, awesome photos you take!!! Your daughter looks just adorable...

11:24 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

beautiful photo! (i say, as if I am surprised!)

this made me laugh.
early morning laughter: a good thing!

7:48 AM  
Blogger angela said...

chris h- thanks! and thanks for stoppin' by.

misty- that is what i'm here for. that's why my husband keeps me around- a good laugh.

8:14 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

The short people are in charge.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home