Thursday, May 24, 2007

I knocked on wood...

We Stayed Home Sick Today
I did! I knocked on wood, but apparently not fast enough. Tim and I were talking just yesterday about how Audrey hasn't been sick since her surgery. Well, this morning she woke with a mild fever. It progressed to a 104 by the afternoon and she'd stopped eating.
You know something's really wrong when she doesn't eat yogurt, of all things.

Children never get sick at a convenient time, do they? Today, of all days... I had awards ceremonies at both of my schools that I missed. We signed a contract on our house (Yes, I'm still freaking out about it and have an enormous headache b/c I cried for about 20min before meeting with the Buyers.) Not to mention all of the other stuff that needs to be wrapped up at the end of a school year. Poor Audrey. She was so pitiful today. None of that other stuff matters. I'm just sayin', it never happens when you want to take a sick day and stay at home. I always feel guilty when I miss work, whatever the reason.

In short: I am one giant stress ball. My forehead is killing me. Sick baby between us. Fearing the future.

I'll be glad when everything settles down.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Oh my goodness, you are under contract! How did the house in Oakhurst turn out? We saw Mindy and Terrance at UJoint that night from the car...

1:05 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I'm so sorry she's feeling sick today --- but OAKHURST? For real? W00T!

2:45 PM  
Blogger polkadot said...

What goes up must come down... your stress, her fever, it will all work out.

I know what you mean about feeling guilty, but I think that just comes with the territory. Hang in!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

I hope she fells better for the long weekend.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home