Monday, June 04, 2007

Brotherly Love

rockshop.jpg
Ballground, Georgia

I had the awesome opportunity to photograph three brothers. The youngest, nicknamed "The Trumpster" for his thick comb-over, being four months old.
I could have spent all day with these kids.
During the photo shoot, I spent most of my time trying to win over the one and a half year old. He was shy. I was just starting to get in good when he decided to take an afternoon nap. He's the one on the far right. See? He sort of gave me a smile there!
DSC_1253bw.jpg
The oldest was so sweet and helpful. His mom told me that he spilled the beans about the surprise Father's Day photo shoot. Oops! His mom asked him if he'd told his daddy about the pictures. His reply was, "No way - I just told him your friend came over to take pictures of us for Father's Day. But, I didn't tell him what the pictures were of." His mom said, "He was so proud of himself!!"
As he should be. As far as he's concerned, he totally kept his end of the bargain.
DSC_1157xpro.jpg
Making the trek out to Ballground wasn't as awful as Lucy, their mom, made it out to be. It was gorgeous country- rolling hills, wild turkey, and a rustic downtown strip. It's good to know that you can drive just an hour out of Atlanta and be in the country. Did you know I'm a country girl at heart? That's right. I have an affinity for towns like Ballground. They take me back to my roots.
My favorite shot of the day was probably this one.
Snails and puppy dog tails, for sure!
stick.jpg

Lucy, you have some amazing kids. Next time, I'll bring Audrey. She'd love to play in the dirt with them.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

I totally love the pictures you take. I look forward to seeing/reading your blog each day.
The pictures of the boys made me smile.
Thanks!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Misty said...

absolutely beautiful! this is what i love about taking photos of kids. The challenge... :)Not my own daughter of course. having an amateur photographer as a mom, she tends to be pretty great- along with my nieces and nephews :)
It's the kids I am not familiar with who challenge me the most!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so talented! Thanks for sharing these wonderful pics of these sweet boys. I could just eat those boys UP!

9:15 AM  
Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Those photos are outstanding!!!

Linda

2:40 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

A-- they are beautiful. You are so very talented... thanks for sharing!

4:07 PM  
Blogger georgiagirl said...

One day, when I have babies, I am totally hiring you to take photos!!

5:45 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Can I hire you to do The Mayor and The Rooster?

7:57 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

georgiagirl- Start poppin' some out. I'll be right over.

oh, the joys- Um, yeah. I would be so honored. And I'm pretty sure I saw your Park Ranger at the post office yesterday. Our paths almost keep crossing.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home