Friday, June 01, 2007

Together Again

...and the parents rested.
We had a visit with the Tennessee Dwellers. Actually, they are all asleep in the room across the hall as I type this.
I love seeing these girls together. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. Audrey doesn't play with anyone else quite like she plays with Bug. I only wish we were able to visit with them more frequently. I hope they remains friends for years upon years.
cheerios
They walked and talked with each other long before they knew one another. They laughed and hugged each other several times before coming into the world. They knew were friends before they were born.
Together Again.
I am so thankful that I had a friend to be pregnant with. We often called each other for comparisions (before and after the babies), did some major maternity shopping, watched breast feeding videos and much more. I hate it that they are no longer right around the corner. On the other hand, it makes me much more appreciative of the time we do get to spend together.

As I watched the girls chase each other around the house, bounce while hysterically laughing in the crib, dance, eat side by side, swing on big girl swings, have their own conversations and fight over a book, I realized that nothing beats knowing and trusing someone for years.
You can have your arguments. You can have your own opinions. You don't have to like everything they do or say. The trick to being a best friend is to just be there.

Share experiences. Share thoughts. Share time. Share laughter and tears.
Holy crap! This is a hippie-fest!

I'm sorry. I just miss my friends and they haven't even left my house yet!

4 Comments:

Blogger eva said...

These photos are gorgeous! It's so hard being more than 2 hours from those guys, as I'm learning. I just moved to Norfolk and though I love it here, it makes me sad that everyone is so far away.

You're right about best friends... these two beautiful girls will be friends for a very long time and so will their families. I remember the first time I met you all and it is a day I will always cherish.

Okay, sorry for being sappy. Gorgeous photos, as usual.

10:19 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I want to BE you with a camera.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Awesome pictures.
You are right about best friends, the trick is just be there. My best friend is at least and hour away, but we have been friends almost 20 year. We don't talk everyday and we can't visit that often but it's like we never skipped a beat when we are together.
I think it is awesome you guys were pregnant together. What I would have given to have someone to share that with.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

Not hippiefest -- honesty and heartfeltness -- two underappreciated qualities. The girls are cuter than ever together, especially now that each has her own unique hair going on.
Miss you Wadsworth.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home