Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Best Library Find, Yet!

Mi Carrito
The book has a wonderful message. Take care of your belongings. It's simple, really.
It's not so much the story I fell in love with, but the drawings.
They make me smile.
My heart skipped a beat when the book's pages opened to the centerfold. I gasped and pivoted my position for Tim to see it too. It is a truly amazing work of art. It's awesome. I've never read anything like it. We excitedly took it to check out.

Audrey specifically asks for "Mi Carrito" before bedtime. I just love to hear her repeat some of the Spanish words.

From the picture below (the centerfold), you can get an idea of the diction used throughout the book.
Ranfla
(Click on picture to take you to Flickr. You can view the large size there by clicking on the caption under the photo. Then, you can read the passage!"

And why wasn't this a top seller?

3 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Donde esta mi libro? Me encanta este libro.

(Mi espanol es muy mal, lo siento.)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

thats a beautiful book! Being a part of the industry, it amazes me what does become a list maker, and what should have been top of the lists and was barely recognized.

10:55 PM  
Blogger angela said...

tu espanol es muy bueno!

misty- it's all who ya know, right?

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home