Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Last Night at Dinner

Trying to tell a story:

Me: So, this guy was in front of me at the post office. He was having a hard time explaining what he wanted. He didn't speak well English.

Our Friends plus Husband: Bah hahahahahahahahahahahaaaa! Bah hahahahahahahahaha!

Me: (Speaking quickly to try and cover it up and turning bright red.) I meant to say "...speak English well." I mean, "He didn't speak good English!", "His English wasn't good!", "You know what I mean!"

That should have been the end of the story.

Why do I bother?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Because you tell good stories-- so keep bothering. Last night I said something to Garrett about a means and an end-- but I called both objects the means. Anyhow, he started laughing really hard again and said that I spoke well English.

10:49 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Nice.
I'll never hear the end of this one!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home