Thursday, July 06, 2006

On the Road Again

you make it look like so much fun, but one of these days you'll realize that it's just a stinking chore
Audrey and I jumped back in the car Wednesday and headed for Knoxville, Tennessee. That's where Kitely Mae lives now. Knoxville: Where people are nicer. Where there's more greenspace. Where they have teeny tiny grocery carts for bay-bays.

Suzanne, driver of The Malibu (what I call it) or Bahama Mama (what Tim calls it)was the most awesomest host. See The Malibu below:
Img1075.JPG
Why was she an awesome host? Not because she drives an awesome one-of-a-kind car, but because she made me my most favoritest bread: Banana Nut Bread. AND she made banana pudding! AND she surprised Audrey with the Little Pea book that was on her wish list.

We did so many fun things and I have several pictures, but I think the most hilarious time was had a the grocery store. Yes, it can happen! We were laughing our butts off watching those two girls have their own demolition derby.

Oh, and Suzanne drove us to Pigeon Forge. I will save the details for another post, but in short- FREAKING WEIRD PLACE. I don't know of any other place where you can pan for gold, buy a ticket to the Jesus Theater, ride go-carts, visit the Elvis museum, take a helicopter ride, feed five live bears...I could keep going. It was weird.
Anyhow, on the way back home from The Redneck Riviera, the girls were getting restless. In order to settle them down, I started quizzing them on their body parts. I was impressed with how coreographed they seemed to be.
Where is your hair?
Img0982.JPG
Where's your nose? (Notice Kitely's finger- heh heh)
Img0983.JPG
Where are your toes?
Img0984.JPG
These girls are like trained monkeys. This parenting thing is going to be easy.
Suzanne, I've already eaten half the loaf you sent home with me. Damn good. Oh yeah, Tim thanks you for the Moon Pies Phillip! He laughed. He's saving them for tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,
I can't tell you how very happy it made me to have you and Miss Audrey here in TN. The only regret was Tim's absence. I can not WAIT to take him to Pigeon Forge to see the wacky for himself!

Seeing you and Audrey in our new house made it all the more cozy. We had a fabulous time and can't wait to see you three again very soon.

Love,
Suzanne

11:48 AM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

Audrey and Kitely Mae reunited! Yeah!

How did Audrey lose her shorts in between the nose and toes questioning?
What exactly are you training this monkey to do? ;)

12:35 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I noticed that too... where did her shorts go?

Hope to see you this weekend. Will you guys be at the birthday dealy on Saturday? Bill's folks are watching E for the afternoon- look out!

4:14 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Suzanne- I'm just glad we got to make a trip up there before school starts! When are you coming to stay with us? : )

Brooks- ha! I had to go back and double check. She was wearing a skirt, so it just looks like she's missing her shorts. That girl can hike her legs up! (OMG!)

Jen- Tim has to work Saturday so we might be going that evening. Will I find you passed out near the deep end???

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home