Friday, June 30, 2006

Finders Keepers?

i'm so mad, i don't even want to look at you, but i do want to sit near you, i just don't know why
In order to break the tension between us, we're headed for the beach this weekend! We're not really fighting, but we are going to the beach. Yippee!

This morning, waiting for a light to turn green, this is what I saw:
A young woman at the bus stop has her back to me. She bends over the low guard rail and gives something a harder look. She glances over both shoulders and then leans down a little lower to pick it up out of the tall grass. It's a black Nike bookbag. I could see the symbol clearly. Again, she looks over both shoulders and I can see her sifting through it. As I'm about to pull off, I see her wry smile and watch as she turns toward traffic and slips the headphones over her ears.

12 I-Know-Every-Word-to-This-Album CD's I'm Taking on the Roadtrip.
Hank Williams' Greatest Hits (Senior of course)
Cat Power- The Covers
Billy Bragg- The Peel Sessions Album
Neutral Milk Hotel- The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Jolie Holland- Escondida
The Pixies- Doolittle (I don't care what you say, I never get sick of it)
The Cardigans- First Band on the Moon
The Detroit Cobras- Life, Love and Leaving
Nick Drake- Pink Moon
Radiohead- Kid A
The Garden State Soundtrack
Le TIgre- Le Tigre

I don't know if you'll hear from me for a couple of days.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brooks Brown said...

I've got an acute case of beach fever -- you lucky dog. Audrey will love it now that she can walk and splash in the surf. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that cardigans CD pretty good? I've always wanted to hear it! Have sex on the beach! (if you're drinking)
Brian

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pp ////////// mo i hhhhh vccc

g c
bbbbbbbbb

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never get sick of The PIxies either. Never. Ever :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger angela said...

brian- yes, get it. it's great.

beck and izzy- of course you two have great taste in music, it figures.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home