Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blogsday 2006

Sometimes making an ass of yourself will get you noticed.

I was contacted by Open Source (a public radio show based in Boston and distributed around the country) today and they asked my permission to broadcast an excerpt from My Daily Struggle for Blogsday 2006.
Blogsday is "based loosely on Bloomsday, which celebrates "Ulysses" as an evocation of the whole world in a single day (in Joyce's case, June 16, 1904), the idea is create a mosaic portrait of our country out of excerpts from blog posts written on the same day. "
The day they chose to pull from is the day that I wrote this: Great, everyone's going to know I'm an idiot.
Unfortunately, the Atlanta affiliate (NPR- WABE), will not be airing it. You can reference this page and figure out how to hear it, if you are so inclined. I subscribed to the Open Source podcast so that i can check it out on Friday after it's been archived. I will be laid up in bed after sinus surgery, with shit taped to my nose, on pain killers anxiously awaiting some actor/actress to creatively interpret one of the crappiest moments of my life.

Some of the funniest lines of the email were these:
"Though the (story) is almost tragic, it would read perfectly on the radio and make the rest of the world realize how good their own sad little lives are."
"We can't pay anything -- this is public radio after all -- but we can guarantee a respectful treatment, a national radio audience, and a link on our blog."
So, tune in on Thursday to hear an hours worth of blog excerpts from around the country.

Thanks Colin Baker, for reading.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the people who helped you get world famous!

Brian

11:06 PM  
Blogger angela said...

How could I forget you Soyoung?

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home