Sunday, June 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Kitely!

Birthday Gurl
Today is Audrey's best friend's birthday. She is better known as "Bug". She does the "Bug Dance" and even has her own sport:"Extreme Kitely Ball"! She gets her hair cut at Van Michael's and is quite often seen wearing very fashionable ladybug duds. She is an avid swimmer, a fun playmate and the soon-to-be-author of "How to Get What You Want from Your Parents". Audrey thinks she's the bees knees.
For Kitely's birthday, Audrey got her the best gift ever. It was actually regifted. ( I love the rules of etiquette associated with regifting. ) Not only was it regifted, but it was wrapped in Xmas paper which was all we had. I want to tell you what the gift was, but I am at risk of the original gift-giver finding out. So, I can't tell you, but it was a talking Care Bear.
The card read: "Merry Christmas Kitely! Don't worry, this is a joke. We're not really this lame. The Regifted Gift!"
Audrey and Kitely wrote their names on the bottom of the box to document the list of receivers. It is Suzanne's responsibility to regift the regifted gift again. I wonder how far it will go.....maybe we'll see it on Ebay someday!
Here are the gazillion pictures that were taken at the event if you are interested: Happy Birthday Kitely Mae!

2 Comments:

Blogger eva said...

Angela,

Your comment on my blog meant SO much. After that one, I realized I was tired of beating myself down and ended up quitting the sorority, so things are much much much better now. I realize I may not always be able to run away from people like that, and that scares me, but I'm finding I'm getting stronger with age. It's comforting to hear that you've been there too, solidarity will get a woman through just about everything. Thank you!! I love reading your blog, by the way. You are incredible at putting things into words, I'm jealous!

Although, I'm sure you hear it on a daily basis, Audrey is beautiful!! Mom couldn't stop talking about how cute she was at the party, and I'm sure it was no exaggeration. It's so exciting that she and Kitely will be friends from birth, really.

6:26 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Thanks Eva! I loved getting to spend some time with your mom. She's a fantastic woman.
I'm glad to hear that things are getting better for you. I know you're excited about S, P and K moving closer to you! I'm jealous of that fact!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home