Sunday, April 30, 2006

What a weekend I'm having!


Audrey is sick here, but to look at her you wouldn't know it.

Well, we had such great plans for the weekend. Friday night seemed to be the only time that wasn't tainted. We spent that night with Phillip, Suzanne and Kitley at the Brickstore. Yummy. Actually, I take that back. It WAS tainted because that's when we suspected that Audrey had pink-eye. And, later that night, when that icky yellow puss kept re-emerging from her inner eye, we knew we were right. Not to worry too much, we had eyedrops at home. It just pissed me off because I knew she got it from being in daycare. Four more weeks and we're pulling her out.
So, Saturday morning Audrey seemed well enough to go with us. I had to judge the Inman Park Festival, (which is always fun) so we went out to breakfast, Tim dropped me off at the co-ordinators house and went on to find parking. Audrey's eyes were a little red, but the puss wasn't as persistent.
Interjection: Now, we missed the festival last year because I was 9 months preggo and hating life. Walking 10 miles would have made me likely to kill someone. So we were looking forward to this weekend. We got excited and even a little anxious. We talked it up to our friends. We had great expectations...
And everything was fine until I get a phone call from Tim. He had met up with Phillip and Suzanne and they were waiting for me to wrap up the judging process so that we could enjoy the parade. I was just steps away from them and he says, "By the way, Audrey is shivering like she's cold and she has a fever."
My heart started pounding. That shivering bit scares the hell out of me. I quickened my step and caught a glimps of them off to the side behind some of the booths. When I saw Audrey I winced. She looked like a zombie. I was trying to keep my cool, but on the inside I was flipping out!
To make a long story short, we scrapped our remaining plans and focused on being worried sick about her all weekend. Just two seconds ago, I took her temperature and it's 103.6, same as it was 3 hours ago. The doctor seems to think that I shouldn't worry. I hope her brain isn't FRYING! She said that unless her fever reaches 105 I shouldn't take her to the emergency room. I'm sure she's right... I just can't help but be a little frightened. It's strange to feel your baby's head and she's burning up only to feel that her hands and feet are as cold as ice. The pink eye isn't what worries me anymore- I suspect that the last ear infection she had never went away, but worsened.
We'll find out tomorrow. Tim is taking yet another day off work to take her to the doctor.
It seems like at least one of us has been sick every weekend for the past two months! Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure Audrey's doctor hates me, but that's another story.

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Poor baby girl! I know that you can't wait until summer. We miss you guys!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

That poor little thing. She is so expressive that I know you know as soon as she is not herself.

I'm sure you have been told this by your doc, but babies have higher fevers than grown folk. It is not unusual for a baby fever to get as high as 103, but it would be for an adult.

My cousin has three kids and for awhile, every single one of them was sick for months. One kid would get it, another would catch it, a parent would catch it and I think it was hard to break the cycle. I know it's frustrating as hell. Day care is a germ orgy to the nth degree as you know. I am glad you are pulling her out of it.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home