Friday, May 26, 2006

My number is up.

7 Ft Numbers
(click to see larger image)
This is an example of some of the stuff I'd worked on at Grady. Brandhorst had so many cool things going on at that school. I felt as if I were back in college, down in the sculpture department. If I'd had some beers and stayed up until 3am, maybe I could have finished these.... Hey, it worked when I was in college!
I was flattered again today by some of my students. One, very talented girl, gave me two of her photos. She's going to Parsons in NYC. Also, her and another AP Art student included me in their Senior Wills. I was floored. Flattered and floored. That's a good way to leave it I suppose.
Enough about the dream job. Audrey has pink eye again.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that you've been reminded of the gift that you possess for igniting kids' zest for art. This is how teaching ought to be - you foster an environment for maximum creativity, and the students appreciate you for helping them become better human beings.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love,
Brian

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor baby girl
move her away from
da po dun k town
she live in
to a
rainbow
bright
happy
place
where
da
dutty
pink eye
can not find her
and get rid of em
ear infections

11:09 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time there... too bad it didn't turn into a permanent thing. Who knows-maybe you'll love your job next year too! But, for now- it's summertime baby!

8:34 AM  
Blogger angela said...

brian- you have a dream job too. i had 7 weeks of bliss. ahhhh. it was great.
duttypinkeye- are you drunk?? : ) i hope so!
jen- i'm sure i'll love my job next year too. how could i not? the little kids are so much fun.... and no grading! whoo hoo!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home