Sunday, May 21, 2006

The first GRILLED CHEESE.


I guess I just didn't know what to feed her. I was rummaging through my mother's cabinets trying to find something for Audrey to eat. I tried giving her a boca burger, she ate one bite. I tried feeding her a fruit cup, she ate one bite. My mom finally said, "Why don't you make her a grilled cheese?"
Scoff. "A grilled cheese? I don't think she's ready for that."
My mom made one anyway and Audrey scarfed it down. It was like she was trying to see how many grapes she could stuff in her mouth. I thought she might gag from cheese overload. It was a relief when she finally pushed the plate away and refused to complete the 'power eat'.
Grilled Cheese Forevah.
Brought to you by Kraft Singles. Start clogging your kid's arteries early on. They enjoy it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for Grandma!! Some all american, red blooded, CHEESE!!
What a precious baby, oh, the joys of new adventures in food!!

5:25 PM  
Blogger angela said...

yeah, i forgot to mention that she drank a coca-cola to wash it down...

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ay, grapes in the mouth. She is a sistah.

4:00 PM  
Blogger angela said...

true dat. we'll have a contest soon. she'll win fo sho.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

Just like that picture of her when she was just a few months old, scoping out that bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, Audrey knows a good thing when she sees it and no body makes sammiches better than grandma.

5:28 PM  
Blogger angela said...

brooks- i was hoping that she wouldn't, but she does, have my eating gene.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

That's okay, Audrey gets her eating gene from other family members as well! We had fresh veggie and fruit trays prepared for Jimminy Cricket's party and nobody but nobody from our clan was eating that stuff, but you should have seen them scarf down three pies!!! SusieQ made a homemade butterscotch and coconut cream pie and Rosie made a homemade apple pie. That stuff is like crack to our family!

Love ya,
J.

7:06 PM  
Blogger angela said...

hell yeah. i'd scarf down a whole pie myself. that coconut cream pie is my favorite. my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home