Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I blew it.

Holding hands in bed. Watching Last Comic Standing.
Sigh.
"Tim?"
"Yesh?"
"I want to do something."
"Like what?"
"I dunno." Sigh. "Something different. Let's go somewhere."
"Like where?"
"I dunno." "Let's move." "Can we go live with Suzanne and Phillip?"
"No."
Hug.
Return to lathargic lump position.
Simultaneous Sigh.
Faces return to crappy show.
"Tim?"
"Yeah, honey."
"Lemme give you a mohawk."
No Sigh.
Turn to meet each other's gaze. Wife with one eyebrow up. Husband smiling.
"Okay."
"Okay?"
"Okay, go get the clippers."

We both shot out of bed like two toddlers on Xmas day. Into the bathroom. Clippers on. This rocks! I was so excited that I was shaking. I took off some patches first. Giggled. Made him look in the mirror. I buzzed most of the sides off and started to shape it.

"Thinner."
"Okay, lemme just work from the outside in." Giggle.
"Thinner."
"Okay, let me think about this. I'm too excited. I need to slow down." Giggle.
"Thinner."
Buzz. zittzz!
"DAMN IT!!!"
Both look in the mirror. Wife frowning. Husband squinting.
"You ruined it."
"I KNOW! DAMN IT! I was too excited. Wait. I can fix it. It's not so bad."
"No. You ruined it." Sigh. "I can't believe you ruined it."
"Me neither." "It's lopsided."
Simultaneous Sigh.
"At least your hair grows fast."
"Yes, yes it does."

Mohawk Gone Bad

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Exploited needs a new lead singer.
Brian

12:29 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Beck- I think Gar would LOVE one! Let's start a mohawk club and see how many dudes we can convince.

Brian- You want one?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

rock rock rock rock rock and roll preschool!

You need audrey in her CBGB shirt with Timmy holding her.

1:07 PM  
Blogger jen said...

That's hilarious! I love that Tim is willing to be your guinea pig. I'm calling you this weekend to see about hanging out next week if you're feeling up to it.

2:02 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Brooks- i think we might start our own band. we're convinced that audrey is going to be a drummer. rock on!

Jen- call me! call me! i feel so much better! we need to sneak over and see that cute new baby.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,
Sorry our moving caused Tim to have a lopsided mohawk, but it looks really, really cute. I can't even begin to think about the fact that tomorrow night is Friday night baby date night . . .
Suzanne

11:00 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Funny. I'm sitting here staring at the computer screen thinking the same thing when my mailbox chimed....
I miss you guys.
What the hell are we gonna do tomorrow?

11:07 PM  
Blogger angela said...

I love you guys! Tonight was hard, but it'll be fine, just different.
I'm going to make Audrey repeat "Kitely" nightly.
It still amazes me how choked up I get thinking about it.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home