Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Ahhh. Relaxed.

meditation
This was the Road Trip of Enlightenment. We had such a great time visiting with Kelly and Joel. We pulled in their driveway at around 2:30 in the morning. We did the exhausted chat for about a half an hour and then hit the sack. That next morning, we sat around and had something similar to a group therapy session. I joke, but all four of us have a way of talking without any inhibitions. It’s great.

Joel made me cry over my “Moons of My Hammy” at Denny’s, Kelly posed for silly lets-take-our-shirts-off-and-stand-in-the-middle-of-the-street photos, Audrey couldn’t stop chasing Pomi (their doggie) all over the house, we made a drive by Hulk Hogan’s house (unfortunately he wasn’t outside), we scored big at the thrift stores, we had an amazing trip to beach and we bought the Super Play Yard XT which the husbands took turns sitting in with Audrey (I hate it- it’s just a larger cage than the pack-n-play).

The reason why I dub it the Road Trip of Enlightenment is because Kelly and Joel told us we had to watch this movie called What the Bleep Do We Know? It was about quantum physics, which I’d heard of but knew nothing about. That was a very cool video. I suggest everyone watch it. It made sense to me. It made me want to change the way I think about things. I know that sounds hokey, but damn, it was moving. (There was a cheesy story line that went along with it, but the actual information and theories were very interesting.)
Anyway, I’m not sure everything in that video was science, but it was food for thought.

The other reason I became enlightened was because Joel burned us the CD of The War of Art. We listened to it all the way home. I decided that I need to get up off my ass and DO something. I don't necessarily agree with everything in that either, but there were some valid connections made.

It was self-help weekend. It’s nice to have a librarian as a friend. She researches answers for you while you’re watching Jaws, she emails you a cool website in which you can read children’s books online, and she turns you on to interesting books to read. In addition to being The Helpful Librarian, she’s also a pretty damn good friend.
Click here to see the slideshow if you dare:
Thanks for opening your house to us. We had a wonderful time.
the horizon
Audrey, I have to mention, freakin’ loved the ocean. I thought she’d be scared, but on the contrary, she dove in headfirst twice. She giggled and splashed at the waves coming in. She wanted to go deeper into the water. She watched her toes sink into the sand and the best thing of all was when she actually looked out at the horizon line. I found that to be amazing. She realized the vastness of the sea.
When the storm came in, everyone scattered off the beach. We lingered for little longer than most. Finally, Tim walked her up towards the dry sand to leave. I watched in amazement as she wriggled her hand free from her daddy’s, turned and waddled back to the waves. She wanted more.
my two favorite pairs of feet
Side note: It’s the 4th of July and we’re at home doing laundry and watching bad TV. How’s everyone else enjoying that thunderstorm?
Sweet! Oh Brother! Where Art Thou? just came on.

5 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Love the pictures!
Our 4th sounds lamely similar to yours. We could see some fireworks from our house though, which we watched for all of 2 minutes- E was already in bed.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what your saying about What the Bleep? My husband and I saw it when it first came out and now we own it. It really is a amazing film! I am happy to see that other people are spreading the word about about it. Great weekend photos!!!

12:38 AM  
Blogger angela said...

beck- i'm so jealous. i saw that pool last time i was over there and started drooling! i'm glad you had a good time. and who thought of doing beer bongs out of those noodles? whoever they are....they're genius! : )

daddyo- thanks so much!!!

jen- yeah, the only fireworks we watched were the ones the neighbors lit. tim and i were hunched in the bathroom peering out that tiny window into their backyard! : )

nicolle- i would really like to watch it again. the part about the water molecules is really unbelievable!

jennifer- hey! glad you're back! i tried so hard to find your website and couldn't access it thru yahoo. i was bummed. and thanks for the link, i'll check it out. at first mention, i don't remember it, but i'll let you know once i take a looky. so good to hear from you!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures, particularly the first two, are AMAZING!

5:14 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Thanks izzy, what a compliment coming from you! : )

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home