Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday!

She's Three!
She's three! I can't believe it.
Before we even go there, I'm sorry. I know I suck. I just haven't been in the mood to blog, lately.
The only reason I'm blogging now is because I can't sleep.

I've been to the hospital three times.... and no baby. Every bit of excitement I had about this pregnancy has been drained out of me. I guess you could say I'm a bit depressed. I know it's just the hormones though, so we'll continue as if nothing was mentioned.

Audrey's birthday was pretty low-key. We celebrated with our favorite neighbors and pals: April and Amelia. Both of the girls enjoyed the icing and the candy much more than the actual cake. Me, being pregnant, had already eaten my fair share of the cake batter before baking, so I skipped out on my piece. God, have you ever had the cake batter ice cream at Cold Stone? TO DIE FOR.

Anyway, let's jump around a bit. What has been happening since my last post?
  • I no longer have ankles. (Not that I had beautiful thin ankles before getting pregnant. But at least there used to be some sort of definition.)
  • I have club feet, or as I like to refer to them "Hobbit Feet".
  • Varicose veins are abundant as are the spider veins. I will never wear skirts or shorts again.
  • My boobs about reach my chin now.
  • I have what they call the mask of pregnancy. My nose has widened and I have permanent dark circles under my eyes. I don't even recognize my own mug in the mirror.
  • Heartburn is brutal. I go crazy when my tub of rolaids are not within reaching distance.
  • All energy has left my body. I'm surprised I'm even typing this entry. Really.
  • I want to kill my husband, every day, every hour, every minute. You know, just because.
  • Three showers a day do nothing to alleviate my discomfort.
So, let's see, those of you that have emailed me with your concern- thank you.
I hope this entry will satiate you for some time. I have no idea when I will get the gumption to write more. Please know that I am just one big giant ball of crankiness. I cringe when I hear my phone ring. I wince when the first ray of sunlight pierces my deformed face. I dread the thought of walking. I am completely over this pregnancy. My hope is that once she's out, I'll return to normal. Whatever normal means.

6 Comments:

Blogger tubesy said...

oh honey...I am so thinking about you. I'm sorry you're going through this poopiness.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

oh my god. Angela, I'm praying to every god there is that this kid will get the hell out of you. i am so sorry that this sucks so much right now. just focus on Audrey and assume that this one will be as worth it as she is! love you girl oxoxoxoxoxoxM

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

I tell you what - these last few months have kicked my ass too, and I think it is in the air. You, me, Ashlee (she is in Dallas), my husband's sister, we are all in this vortex of "the funkies" I can't seem to explain.

It sucks really because all of us have been in this place where we are supposed to be happy about life and excited about all that's happening.

Can you take some time to wade in the pool at the gym? That may help your back and legs calm the hell down.

I worry for you - and telemarketer who may call the house.

Hang in there.
-Angela; Canyon, TX

12:21 AM  
Blogger cranky said...

Eck.

YOu are doing nothing to encourage me to get pregnant! LOL!

Hang in there girl...:(

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, awesome cake!
I think the heartburn means that your baby is going to have lots of hair.
And that wanting to kill your husband? Too funny. When I was in labor, my husband had a string sticking out from a button hole on his shirt. Not something I would typically care about or notice, but it drove me completely nuts and I just wanted to - yeah - kill him!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Sara Ashes said...

I am so envious/impressed/salivating at that cake!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home