Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So glad to see this face, again.
I really missed that face last night. I hate being away from my family.
And even though I stayed in bed for an entire day and a half, I still don't feel rested.
You know, they're always coming in and taking your vitals or readjusting your monitor. You really don't get quality sleep. (You probably shouldn't have refused the Ambien. Dumbass. )

I never did get an explanation for the complications. I was discharged with this order only, "No heavy lifting." The nurse handed me my discharge papers and then watched as I loaded up my camera, laptop, clothes, pillow, overnight bag, purse, etc. into my weak and overly pricked arms. She asked, "Can you get all that?" (Oh, don't worry about me. I'm just doing a little heavy lifting all the way down the hall, through the breezeway, out to the garage. I'll be fine.) Isn't it standard procedure to wheel someone out to the parking lot? Oh, well. I'm happy to be out of there. I don't want to see that place again for at least another month and a half.

It felt so good to get home and take a shower. Tim, The Greatest Husband in The World, knows I love to come home to a tidy house. His parents kept Audrey overnight. So he was lonely and not only cleaned and organized, but began repainting our room. He is the best.

And what color do you think our bedroom is going to be?
Well, if you know us at all.... aqua! What else? We couldn't stand the pea green any longer. (You'll see pictures, soon.)

Still need a name for this baby...

6 Comments:

Blogger juliloquy said...

So glad you're home without further incident. And yay - good husband!

Re. names - maybe Athena because she's tough? Just stay put, Athena!

10:23 AM  
Blogger toyfoto said...

I was a teesy bit afraid you were going to write "mauve" .. you know ... for comic effect. PWhew!

Glad your home.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A'MARIE = Gracious Under Adversity

How's that for a name? Maybe this:

NADINE = Hopeful

1:53 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

I am glad to see that you are home.

Names....hmmm...what about Helena?

2:50 PM  
Blogger cranky said...

Well, here are my favourite girl names, which of course you are welcome to use, as I haven't invented them myself or anything.

Stella, Bianca, Roxanne, Miranda, Beatrice, Beatrix, Lucretia and Delilah. Most of these have been given the thumbs down by Ewen due to the possibility that any child given the name would have rocks chucked at them in the plyaground.

I am glad you are on the mend! Cupie doll is packed but will wait till Stella/
Bianca/Roxanne/Miranda/ Beatrice/Beatrix/Lucretia or Delilah is born before posting.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all is well! I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses reading your news!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home