Saturday, June 09, 2007

Biscuits are Calling!

Moon Bros Architects
I think every relative has called today to see if they could hijack my baby. No way! Saturdays are our most favorites days.

This morning Audrey lay in bed with us and the first words out of her mouth were, "I play basketball, Momma!" Shocked, I said, "In your dreams? You played basketball?" and she said, "Yeah." Then, she toddled off to go get her grocery cart. We don't ever watch sports, let alone the TV. Where did she get such a crazy thought? Who has she even seen play basketball? She is a giant baby. Maybe it was a premonition.

A Saturday morning ritual is breakfast at our favorite little joint. We were a little late this morning, so the parking lot was unusually full. Tim said, "I can park right here, can't I?" (A spot over from the dumpster.) I said, "I think you're fine."
Tim: (In a saucy voice) "I know I'm fine. Thank you very much!"
We get out , Tim looks down and his face becomes a little unsure, "Well, it's on a yellow line."
I look down. The line is yellow on my side too. We both look up, scan the parking lot and laugh. They are all yellow lines! Audrey grabs my hand and says, "I wanna eat a biscuit."
Okay then!

Once inside, while waiting for our food, I grace the bills with stamps. (Yes, I know we're the only ones left that actually write checks these days.) Anyway, I was writing the return address on the envelopes and Tim says, "Hey, didn't you clean out the postcard holder?"
"Yeah."
"Well, didn't you find some address labels in there?"
"Yeah. I threw them away."
"WHY? We could use those! You wouldn't have to write out our address."
I stare at him for a moment. (You see? The absent-mindedness is going around.)
Finally, it hits him. "Oh yeah, we're moving."
We laugh again and I point out that he has it, too. His response is that we both just have too much on our minds lately.
I'll say!

Oh, did I tell you that I finally got to meet OH, THE JOYS! ??? More about that later.
Also, Audrey is scared of her own pee.

3 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Once you move to the hood - you'll have to shift over to Pastries A Go Go downtown. Their biscuits make the Indigo Biscuits seem -- lacking.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

We write checks too. I don't know, I like to sit down and put them all together, stamp them and stick them in the postal box. I am traditional like that... :)

she dreams of being a basketball star and is terrified of her pee! quite the girl :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Thank you for stopping by on Friday. That was the highlight of my day! Wednesday night we are going to see some music in Decatur... perhaps dinner first?

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home