Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye Aughties


2009 in Review

This year has been a very emotional year for me. At this exact time last year, my mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and underwent the Whipple surgery.
I was staying home with my 7 month old, 3 year old and two other toddlers. Money was tight and I hardly ever got to see my husband.
I gained 40 lbs this year. 40.
Audrey turned 4 and started Pre-K.
Harper turned one and has never once slept through the night.
I watched as my oldest daughter nearly drown at her first swimming lesson.
Harper learned to walk on her own and has not slowed down since.
I started teaching again and became unbelievably busy with photography sessions.
Audrey received her first haircut and officially lost her curls.
An old friend was lost in a freak accident.
A new friend received some bittersweet news for the holidays and has a long, rough road ahead.
And all that is just off the top of my head.

All in all, Tim and I just tried to keep our heads down and deal with what was right in front of us. I wouldn't say 2009 was a terrible year, but it wasn't one of our favorites. I have high hopes for 2010.

Each year we look back and rethink our decisions. I do regret some, but I can't complain too much. We're here. We're healthy. We're together.

Several events this year have helped me to put my life into perspective.
I am going to live in the moment. Speak my mind. Take a little time for me. And try my damnedest to spend time with those that I love and laugh with.

Goodbye 2009.
"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain."- Dave Matthews

Yes, I just quoted Dave Matthews.

Happy New Year.
Let's make it a good one.

On the last day of 2009:




4 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

so glad you mentioned that you noticed that you quoted dave matthews. gotta admit that it threw me off a little, but it is a nice sentiment.
i hope you get everything you need out of 2010.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Let's make sure this is a wonderful year for you, you have my energy.

also, what a beautiful, peaceful blog, it makes me want to meet you (in a totally not creepy way as it sounds).

good luck.

4:11 PM  
Blogger OOAK babies by Mina said...

Angela, love your blog hun. Your wording, the fabby pics.....
Keep up the good work!

4:05 PM  
Blogger toyfoto said...

Been thinking of you.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home