Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday


I talked myself out of shopping. Me: one. Consumerism: zero.

We did, however, put our Christmas tree up today. Tottie wasn't as excited as I thought she'd be. She did exclaim, "Tree!" but that was about it.
Audrey had enough excitement for the both of them though. She clasped her hands gently together and said, "Oh, Mommy. Isn't our tree bee-u-ti-ful?" She danced around to the Christmas music (thank you B98.5) and helped hang ornaments. She speculated which gifts Santa would bring her and made sure we knew what a good girl she's been.

I love lazy days like today. Tim watched the girls so that I could go to the quiet coffee shop all by myself and get some work done. When I got home, around four, Harper was still in her jammies eating makeup and Audrey was naked, throwing toys around. Tim had made vegetarian stew and had cleaned the kitchen. Awesome.

I need a whole week of days like today. I like this pace.



P.S. The holiday card is almost complete. If I don't have your address and you want on the list... shoot me an email!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home