Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Stats


So, Harper, let's talk about your development some more.
We had your 15 month old visit last week and here are the details:
You weigh 23 lbs. (75th %) and you are 32" tall! (90th %)
Yep, you're going to be tall, like your sis. Great. You are both going to tower over us with your big ol' personalities, stubborness and cuteness. I'll just have to pull out the trusty platforms. Wearing platforms at age 45 is totally acceptable, right?
Poor Tottie, you had to get 3 shots at your last visit. You survived the fist two in your arms and we were on our way out of the office when your crazy mom double-checked with the nurse and yes, you did need one more. Sorry, hon. It was my fault you had to go back in for a poke in the leg. The "shot cry" is always the worst. Kids never scream like that any other time. It's such a distinct cry. I hate it.

Anyway, you are so much more vocal this week. I'm positive, now, that it's because your ear infection is getting better. You are so playful and silly this week- always putting on a show! You had Audrey choking on her gigantic ice cream cookie she was laughing so hard at your antics.

Also, you're becoming such a big girl- going right to sleep on your own without a fuss. This is a huge step for you. It's so nice to not have to hear you cry or whimper at all when I put you down. You're making great progress. I'm so proud of you.
Did I forget to mention that you sang a real song? You carried a tune for the first time in your life. I caught you singing The Wheels on the Bus to yourself. I was in shock.
Also, tonight, you grabbed a blue highlighter and a notebook, laid down on your tummy with you cute little feet up in the air and drew with one hand while holding the notebook with the other so it wouldn't slide around. I mean, that's some serious fine motor skill for a 15 month old! I wish I'd had the camera handy. Next time.

One other thing: I'm so relieved that you and your sister are still getting along remarkably well. What a joy. I keep my fingers crossed that you remain friends.

And Audrey, the next post will be about you. I'm going to showcase your living art gallery. Seriously folks, we've got Audrey drawings adorning every single inch of the house. And there is one drawing that I'm framing for sure. It's amazing.
Stay tuned.

*P.S. When you view this blog, do you see the profile and links on the right? Or is the profile and other stuff only visible when you scroll down to the bottom of the page? I think I may have screwed something up the last time I altered the template. Please respond. I need to know if I should go back in and tinker around. (I really wish I knew how to program and stuff....)

4 Comments:

Blogger gotjan said...

It's on the right your safe.

9:14 PM  
Blogger superpragmatic said...

yep, i see your photo and 'about me' at the top.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous McKenna said...

It's on the right.
I have been following your blog for a good two years now. I love it. I love how you speak to your girls. Keep it up! :)

1:40 AM  
Blogger leigh hewett said...

There is an award waiting for you over at Leigh vs Laundry.

XO
Leigh

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home