Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tottie, I don't give you enough credit.


So, I've been busier than ever. It's a good thing but it has left me very stressed. In return, my patience level has been lower than ever.
I'm telling you this because it seemed like Tottie had been extra clingy all week. And I felt like slitting my wrists! Granted, she's been sort of sick, but still. Anyway, I had a hunch it was just me. (I'm giving my kids the benefit of the doubt here. Do you see that?) Well, I traveled back in time via this blog to see where Audrey was at this very same point in her life. And Harper, I owe you an apology. I've been way too hard on you.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to the simple fact that having two kids is much harder than having one. Oh, wow. That was deep, right? What an insight! Well, it's tough. And people who say it's easier with two because the older one entertains the younger one? No. No, they are lying.

Tottie, you are an amazing person and I love you more than the first blustery days of fall.
You are only 15 months and you are taking the caps on and off of markers, drawing on paper, climbing up in your highchair all by yourself, using a fork, drinking from a straw (well, you've been doing some of these things for quite some time), waving bye, saying so many things: ba-ba, lincoln, byrd, belly button, moo, quack-quack, uh-oh!, yes, thank you, you're welcome, more, up!, please, mama, dada, audrey, harper... i mean, the list goes on and on. It's only a matter of days until you speak in full sentences. (Which would be nice. I could stop guessing as to why you are throwing fit number 1,212.)
The other day, I was talking to Tim and put Tottie on the line to say, "Bye Da-Da" and she DID! She said it so clearly. Tim thought it was Audrey she said it so clearly.

Harper, the only thing I wish you'd do that you're not doing all ready is SLEEP THOUGH THE NIGHT!
(I think that might help with my irritability, too. So it'd be in your best interest to get on that already!)
On the serious side, I look around me and see so many people dealing with so many tough situations, quite often, I find myself thanking my lucky stars for you girls. You are worth every sleepless night, every headache, every gray hair.....and I hope you know how much I love you.

Note to self: The photographer has no current family photo. Ironic, isn't it?
totti, just before bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

You're a superstar and I love you. You and Tim are doing an amazing, admirable job - you are both my parenting role models in the most realistic, honest way.

Oh, and I'm holding you to the dinner/lunch/whatever date that we talked about. I'm leaving you alone about it now, but will not for long.

How 'bout those Simon's?? Amazing! xo

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Cecilia said...

Gosh, i love your blog. the way you write is captivating :) and I love how diffrent your girls look but both with all the sweetness there is :)

5:38 PM  
Blogger leigh hewett said...

Hey Angie,
It's Leigh,ya know, from Athens. I love this Blog you have here. I can so relate to you right now. I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old (2 boys) and it's hard.

Your girls are beautiful!

XO
Leigh
www.leighvslaundry.blogspot.com

8:19 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Thanks ladies.
And Leigh... I just added your button. So cute. I think you inspired me to make one.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home