Monday, November 09, 2009

Halloween, Birthday and Tragedy

So, I've been hunting all night for the one photograph of Jerry Fuchs that I took. Seems like I should have so many more but those are just the snapshots of my mind. One print. That's all I have and it just happens to be from the last time I saw him in person. It's important to me to find it but I don't know exactly why.

I've never, really never, had anyone close to me die. And some people might scoff and say, "You haven't talked to him in years. You weren't close. You don't count." But I do. I know I do. We were very close at one point in time. We hung. We laughed. We talked. We wrote letters.

We laughed.

I don't know how Jerry might have felt toward me today or if we would've opened up the lines of communication without awkwardness after all this time, but I do know that he was special to me- always will be.

Today, after hearing the tragic news, I called two people I have not spoken to in years- years! And it was so good to hear their voice. And it put everything in perspective. And it made me look at Tim and my girls differently. It made me less irritable with my life. It made me happy to be alive. It's true. Our lives are short, even if we live them to the fullest.

It also made me realize that I need to blog more frequently.

One day, I'll enjoy reading about my (your choice of adjective here) life. The girls might get a kick out of it too.

Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Tim's parents held down the fort (and Harper b/c she was sick) while Tim, Audrey and I went trick-or-treating. We had well over 100 kids come to the house!
The Chadwicks, at the end of our street, did not disappoint this year. Audrey and Amelia ran screaming and holding onto their candy for dear life. I just love to scare the Dickens out of little kids and to see it be done is just as entertaining.


















October is of my most favorite months of the year. Here are some random pumpkin patch photos:



This next photo, for me, was the best part of the day. They were OUT!



And in preparation for the big night, of course, we decorated the sidewalk.


I realize I'm bouncing around here, but it's fitting for today, this month, this year.
Actually, I'm going to end it here tonight. I just can't think clearly.

I'll tell you all about one of the best birthdays, ever in the next post. And don't worry, I know I still owe you the Audrey Gallery of Drawn Images. They're worth the wait.

I'll leave you with this photo b/c it too, fits with the random theme of the evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

I love the photo of the two of them zonked out. My boys do the same thing and I always wonder how they can sleep like that but they do.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Robby Rattail said...

So sad to hear about jerry. I only met him once or twice, but he inspired me as a musician on several occasions. he was truly gifted.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home