Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Happy 13th!


Today she's 7 months.
RIGHT NOW...
My favorite thing about you is: The fact that you never put your tongue in your mouth. It is ALWAYS hanging out. And my, what a very long tongue it is! My goal is to get some photos with your mouth closed. It's much harder than one might think.

The most frustrating thing about parenting is: Having a sick child. It's awful to have to worry about you all the time. When you were really feeling bad it just hurt my heart. I have no idea what mothers of cancer babies or the like must go through. You get a simple cold and an ear infection and I'm freaking out!
The other frustrating thing is your explosive poo-poos. I'm a college grad, but when you shit all up and down your back and all over me, I find myself scratching my head and saying, "How do I go about this?" Do I undress first and then take care of you, or what? It would be easier if you could stand. I could just stick you in the shower and hose you off.
What I'm most looking forward to is: You crawling. You are SO close now. You're up off the ground and rocking...and it's too cute. Really. You are too cute. I know you'll be into everything. I guess I better get on that child-proofing thing.

One of the most endearing things you've done this month: It happened just minutes ago. I got home from work tonight and bustled about the room. I startled you with my coughing and you woke up crying (the most pitiful cry I might add). I lifted you out of your crib and you snuggled your head up under my neck. You never do that. I've always wanted you to do that. You must have been really tired. Those few minutes of snuggling were precious. Thank you.

Something you've done that surprised me: I gave you your sippy cup the other day to try again. The last time you tried to use it you failed miserably. The other day, it was like you've always been drinking out of it. I was floored. I watched as you picked it up with both hands and laughed when I heard 'suck, suck, gulp!' You looked over at me and laughed too. You had me fooled. Who knew babies could play jokes on their mommas?

4 Comments:

Blogger Brooks Brown said...

absolutely gorgeous photos waddy of an absolutely gorgeous child. happy 7 months!

1:14 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Brooks- I have an appt w/ a Dr. Wadsworth today. I'm not joking!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Amber Rhea said...

Good job dodging the seemingly obligatory Gene Simmons reference.

11:09 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Amber- Didn't Gene have to get surgery to make his tongue look like that?
Becca!! Thanks! We're planning on being there Friday. Yippee!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home