Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Snot and more snot


We've all managed to get sick this past week. Poor Baby Poo Poo got the worst of it. I had called the pediatrian earlier on in the week and she said to let it run it's course. We thought Audrey was getting better until last night. She woke up every hour and her temperature was running a bit high. This morning when I checked, she had a fever of 100.5! I rushed her to the doctor.
I thought it was the congestion. I thought maybe it had gone to her chest and that's why her recovery turned sour so quickly. Much to my surprise, after the once-over, the nurse diagnosed an ear infection! I felt like a horrible mother, but the nurse reassured me that there was nothing I could have done differently. Do you think they're required to say that?
Once again, no one prepared me for this. It's like someone pierced my heart with a million tiny little needles. I hate to see her like this. She's pitiful.
10 more days, (if this antibiotic works) and I'll have my playful, mischievious little creature back just the way she was.
She's going to start sticking her bottom lip out at me because that's what I do every time I see her now. I can't help it. It's so sad.
I called in to work tonight just so I can be with her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooks Brown said...

Mama Waddy -- You can't zone in on those ear infections with your wonder twin powers. Baby Ben had the exact same condition a few weeks ago and after a few days on the bubble gum baby medicine, he was as good as new.
Just think how sick she would be this winter if you had her in day care. That is one long trip to the pediatrician that never ends as I know from my years as a babytender. She will be back to naughty self in no time -- don't you worry!

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friend's so right. Be glad she's not in daycare, picking up every other kids germs, every other week. My kids were so sick during the "daycare" years. Not to mention it breaks your heart to leave them with someone else. I remember bawling all the way to work some days. Makes me sad to think about it now. Keep up your arrangement as long as you can (the baby-swap). Nobody loves your babies like you do (except us).

XOXO
J.

11:23 AM  
Blogger angela said...

B- Yep, that's what she's on, the bubble gum medicine. Tim tasted it last night and said, "Yeah, I remember this." She seems to be a little more bright-eyed today. She slept until 11 this morning! HALLELUJAH!

J- I don't want her EVER to go to daycare, but the lack of income might be a bit of a problem. Why can't I just win the lottery? Call me. I have something to tell you. Kisses right back atcha.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home