Thursday, September 15, 2005

We're not Scared

Well, I ventured out into the ghetto again today. (Sorry Brian, I know you hate that word). I attempted to take my loyal fear-inducing dog with me but the second we got out the door she finagled her way out of the leash. I chased her around the front yard for forever. Finally, I got so mad that she knew I meant business if she didn't get her butt inside. I must have looked like a complete idiot out there chasing my dog, with the baby in her stroller, smack in the center of our overgrown front lawn.
So, minus the no-good-anyway protection from the killer Byrd, we were off with our guard up and a ready pen to write down the pervert's tag. We didn't see him. I did, however, see a Dekalb Co. Po-Po car drive by, so maybe that was in answer to my concern.
Our walks have become somewhat of a study. I think it's interesting that there was another strange occurrence during our outing. Some guy honked his horn and waved at me. Maybe I looked like someone he knew. I didn't wave back- with my guard up and all it just wouldn't have been right.
Audrey fell asleep on the tail-end of our stroll. I was pushing her over chunky gravel and big bumps of asphalt, but she did not startle or stutter. When she's out she's out. And so am I.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

good girl! ever vigilant, we ladies must be!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home