Tuesday, September 13, 2005

She's Four Mumps Old

Img2005-09-13_0027
I'll just come right out and tell you-
The difference between 3 and 4 months is ginormous. Audrey has done and learned so much in the span of 4 weeks. She can roll over (from back to front), pick up her sippy cup and shove it cock-eyed into her mouth, she can pinch and blow bubbles, she can even sit up a little. One of her favorite things to do now is watch the dogs. She is much more aware of her surroundings. As a matter of fact, she is so busy looking at everything around her that she doesn't even look at me when I talk to her anymore. Pretty soon she'll be throwing up The Hand to let me know that she doesn't care to hear what I have to say at all.

This morning, I woke up at the crack of dawn to take her to her new pediatrician. We really enjoyed the office, the new doctors and nurses (minus the 4 shots she had to get from one). I've never heard such a blood-curdling scream. The nurse made her exit after the injections, leaving me to deal with this child transformed to wailing siren. It took me a good 5 minutes to calm her down. I thought for sure the nurse was going to come back in at some point and say, "What in tarnation are you doing to that child?" I've never popped a valium, but after that visit, if I'd had one, I would have. Audrey was a trooper. I gave her some Tylenol that knocked her out when we got home. Thank God for drugs.

Img2005-09-13_0029
RIGHT NOW...
My favorite thing about you is:
the way you slap my booby while nursing, as if to say, "Work! Ya damn boob!" I guess the flow ain't fast enough for my little piggy.
The most frustrating thing about parenting is: attempting to take you out in public. It's always a risk. One second you're fine and laughing, the next you let out a scream that leads on-lookers to believe I abuse you.
What I'm most looking forward to is: you being able to sit up on your own and crawl. I know it's right around the corner.
The biggest relief would be: if I could get you on a nap schedule.

Img2005-09-13_0030
My baby flares her nostrils,just like her momma. She's better than chocolate.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

sister brown and i are talking day trip. how do mondays work for you?

4:19 PM  
Blogger angela said...

I usually work Mon at 5. Let me know when though and I can probably get it covered!

10:44 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I want to see Audrey- I'm going to miss her growing up if you don't share her with us!

2:44 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Thanks Ali! That's one of my favorites.
Preggo- Let's plan something ASAP. It's gotta be cheap though. Humph. Pizza?

3:22 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

I will talk to El Brown and hopefully we can work out something in the next month. I meant to tell you, Audrey is really starting to look like you in her expressions and eyes. I thought she was looking more like Timmy Tim there for the first couple of months, but every picture lately looks more and more like you.

2:44 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Awww. Brooks, that makes me feel all fuzzy inside. She will definitely have Tim's body (thank God) but I'm hoping she'll show some of my features in her face at least. I love her. We are already prepared for her temper. She IS the creation of two hot-heads.

3:16 PM  
Blogger angela said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home