Sunday, August 28, 2005

I have been tagged.

Brooks is responsible.
Rules: list five songs that you are currently digging - it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions and the five songs (with artist) in your blog. Then tag five people to see what they're listening to.

These are in no particular order:

~I'm A Mummy~ This song is by Bob McFadden & Dor. I stumbled across it when I was downloading music off the computer one night. It's Tim's favorite song and it's been on my mind, since Halloween is right around the corner. It's a beatnik song. It's very strange. I encourage you to find it and listen to it.

~Blue Angel~ Roy Orbison. I love Roy Orbison.. I think he was a genius. I heard this today on Album 88 and instantly remembered how much I love his greatest hits album. I played that CD so much that it's ruined. I need a new one. Oh, also, my parents (one of the cooler things they've done) purchased his performance DVD. It's amazing and totally worth seeing again.



~Legalize It~ Peter Tosh. They have this song in the jukebox at work. I'm not a pot-smoker, but I love the chorus when they go "Yeahya, Yeahya". I find myself singing it in the grocery store and various other places. It's just a catchy song.







~Ball and Chain~ They Might be Giants. This too is in the jukebox. Hearing this song brings back such memories. I know every single lyric to every single song on the Flood album. I still love it. It was a time in my life that I cherish...and the memories are "flooding" in just thinking about it.


~Don't Panic~ Coldplay. This is the only song I've heard of theirs. I play it in the car almost every single day. I haven't gotten sick of it yet. I don't know what it is about this song. I just enjoy it. Can't you just enjoy something for no reason at all?

I realize I am no longer "hip" and "in the loop". I haven't listened to any new or emerging music. Man, I'm getting old. I get tired just thinking about going to a rock show. I'm not even going to "tag" anyone because I am so tired.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

COLDPLAY is one of my favorit bands right now I got turned on to them from watching 6 feet under
In one of the season previews they play "clocks" you have to listen to it. It is beautiful

Auntie T

6:15 PM  
Blogger angela said...

You're hip Auntie T!
I've been meaning to get their CD.

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love "blue angel" such an amazing soothing fresh sound.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home