Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Welcome back old friend.

I am shedding at an alarming rate. Wha? Let me explain...

There are several things the experts don't tell you about your 4th trimester of pregnancy. There's a 4th trimester you ask? Yes, there is. I'll explain that in a later post, but for now...back to the shedding:

Before I got pregnant, I was just like everyone else. I lost the average amount of hair that one does in a day. I was just like everyone else except for one aspect, which I am about to divulge to you. Now, this is one of my quirks, so let me prepare you- What you are about to read may seem very strange. In the shower, which is one of my favorite places to be, I run my fingers through my hair. Often, even with one swipe, I am left with several strands that are tangled betwixt my digits. I then detangle them and stick them to the shower wall. Sometimes, I manipulate them into letters to leave for Tim. (They usually dry up and fall down before Tim can decode their message.) Other times, I wrangle the hairs into pictures. Several times I have been so inspired by these compositions that I've used them in my artwork. (Not the actual hairs- just the imagery.) I know, I know, it's weird. Anyhow, when I was pregnant my hair stopped falling out. Many preggos have read this in a book or two, and yes, it's true. (This is why they say your hair is lusterous when pregnant.) But what they don't tell you is that 3 or 4 months after you give birth your hair starts to fall out in big clumps! The rate at which it falls out is so alarming that you start to think you'll soon be bald. Never-the-less, I am ecstatic to be shedding again. It's like welcoming back an old friend, not to mention that it makes the shower more fun. I really missed it. Now, I can annoy Tim again. Maybe I'll create a lockness of him, complete with Buddy Holly glasses. Ahh, the simple pleasures in life.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brooks Brown said...

i read a recent blog post by a woman who said her grandparents had a "portrait" made with a dead relatives hair in their attic and she would have to sleep up there with her brother and MANNEQUINS when they would go visit them. so freakazoidal!

2:04 AM  
Blogger angela said...

My dad's family had something similar. It's actually called a Hair Wreath. Every woman in the family braided a lock of their hair and added it to the wreath. See, now I think that's kindda gross. At least mine washes away every night.

9:26 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I love mannequins. I just recently took them out of the guest bedroom before you and El Brown stayed. I guess you got lucky. Now they live in the basement.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home