Sunday, August 28, 2005

Our Protector


Check out the zipper
Originally uploaded by My Daily Struggle.
This is guarding our front door.
I am terrified of spiders, so I can't bring myself to knock it down. Tim won't kill anything but flies and roaches, so he won't knock it down either.
In a strange way, this frightening spider is helping me to get over my phobia. I still hurry in and out of the house for fear that it will pounce on me, but you could say that it's kind of grown on me. I look for it every time I leave the house. I was even so intrigued to take this picture! (I was so scared- I held my breath).
In doing some light research, I found that this menacing spider, unfortunately, does not have a menacing name. It is no other than the "Black and Yellow Garden Spider". How boring! And besides that, I think it got lost. It's nowhere near our garden. I rename it the "Black and Yellow Porch Spider".

1 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

That's exactly what it's like! Good analogy.
I'm so sorry we missed your party. I'm sure you guys had a blast.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home