Friday, September 23, 2005

Busy Friday

Covering up the blemishes
This morning Maxine and I had a date at Crescent Moon for lunch. I was a little late, due to a much needed pedicure, but I think her and Katarina forgave me. We ate lunch and then strolled over to JC Penney's to pick up Katarina's photos (which were awesome by the way). Then Maxine, that crazy lady, got the idea to get make-overs!
The first attempt failed. The lady said, "We're not giving make-overs today because we are running a promotion." Whatever! Maxine asked her to at least suggest a concealer and the lady relented and gave her just a chin-makeover. She didn't quite get the right skin color. I laughed and told Maxine that from here on out I was going to refer to her as good ol' white chin. After the chin make-over the woman went into a rant about how popping zits was the absolute most insane thing a person could do. And by rant I mean about 20 minutes of "you'll scar!", "your fingernails are so dirty!", "exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!" The Clinique Lady gets a thumbs down.
Maxine wasn't going to give up. We made our way to Parisian and tried the Lancome counter. This lady was way cooler and even though she didn't have enough time to welcome moi into her chair, she did a bang-up job on Maxine. See for yourself!
Check out the slideshow Note: if you want to read the captions that go along with the pictures just click on the Flickr link down at the bottom of this page and click on 'Lunch with Kat and Max' on the left-hand side. The slideshow won't show the captions.

After all that excitement, Audrey and I went home to wait on Tim. We freshened up and headed out to the Brickstore for our weekly baby gathering.
Yet another slideshow
Mommy and Daddy had a few beers and a fair share of baby conversation and headed home.
The perfect ending to a fun-filled day was that a GORGEOUS shooting star, the biggest I've ever seen, flashed before the windshield just as I turned onto our street. Amazing.

Oh, one other thing of interest is that the teacher that took my job is resigning. He only lasted 5 weeks. I got a call today asking if I wanted my position back. Uh, lemme think about that one, NO.

1 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

I really enjoyed the pics too- those babies are so freaking cute!
Maxine looks like a total babe!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home