Thursday, February 11, 2010

Working on Valentines


I was shocked this evening. Really shocked.
Tottie was watching Audrey make valentines for her teachers. She was sort of drawing on a scrap piece of paper and babbling to herself- just hangin'. Then, all of a sudden, she quickly snatched up the glue after Audrey sat it down on the table and used it like a pro. She placed dots of Elmer's all around her paper and then put the glue bottle down and grabbed up some sequins and pressed them into the dots. I mean this all happened in a matter of a minute. Luckily, the camera was within arm's reach. Unbelievable.
I now know I need to challenge her a little more. She's just a three year old in a one and a half year old's body.


Audrey will be finishing her cards in the morning because she is a true artist and must sleep on it tonight. She's very thoughtful about her creations.
She once responded, "Mom. It's my drawing not yours, " when I suggested that she add a few more details. Who can argue with that?

Luckily, I have tomorrow off and will be able to attend both of their classroom parties. I'm a little disturbed by how excited I am about this. I'm even dressing Harper in red tomorrow. (Nothing with hearts, but red none-the-less.)

What's happening to me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your girls are amazing. Really!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home