Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Growing Art Gallery

So, our dining room has never really inspired me. When we first moved in we used it for its designated purpose. We had a fancy antique table, chairs and everything. It was incredibly boring.
The room has transformed many times over and now, I think I'm finally happy with it.
We moved our small rusty formica table with not a single matching chair out into the kitchen and turned the dining room into a playroom. It was the best decision, ever. And guess what? The kids actually play in it!



AGP_4692

The room, although forever cluttered, now has a life and an energy. One of my more favorite additions (besides the shelving that Tim custom made) is the Art Gallery. Audrey loves it, too. I really need another wall or two with all of her creative craftiness. Maybe it's time to add on to the back of the shack? Hm.
AGP_6374 AGP_6377 AGP_6379

And then there are her book reports for school. I just love these. I look forward to doing "homework" with her every week.
AGP_6373 AGP_6560

And Harper has even begun to make her mark:
AGP_6378
Isn't that awesome? I want to write a book based on the character "Goodnight".
Genius.

P.S. The pink violin is on its way. (Or the pink fiddle, whichever you prefer.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Robby Rattail said...

violin/fiddle really just depends on what she will be playing on it.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home