Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where did this come from?



There are certain moments of the day that I always look forward to: the first sip of my morning coffee, the baby's first smile of the morning, the sigh of relief at the realization that all 4 kids are going to nap at the same time, etc. But my most favorite time of the day is when Audrey wakes up from her nap.
I love the tired, groggy look on her face, how she rubs her eyes awake, her staggered sleepy walk out into the living room and her first words after a long stay in dreamland.
The first sentence out of her mouth always makes me smile. It's a brief insight to what she dreams about, what's on her mind, what consumes her.
This afternoon, after her nap, the first thing out of her mouth was, "Mrs. Potts says "fuck" in the movie."
WHAT??????? (Yeah, no smiles today.) My jaw dropped to the floor.
"She does. She says fuck."
WHO SAYS THAT?
"Mrs. Potts"
Audrey. That is a very bad word. Don't ever say that again.
"Mrs. Potts said it! I didn't!"

I don't even know what to do with this one. Yes, my friends, she stumped me. I mean... what the fuck? Ha. Just kidding. I know she's referring to the movie "Beauty and The Beast" but what part? Mrs. Potts would never say "fuck". Why in the world would she be dreaming about that? I didn't even know she knew the word "fuck." FUCK!

Later tonight, I was recounting the episode for my very good friend with a girl the same age. I asked Audrey about it again. She said she dreamed about it.
Tim listened to us basically repeat the same conversation that we had this afternoon.

He said, "It's not funny, Audrey. You DO NOT say that word."

She said, "I think it's funny."

You know what I think? I think my 3 year old daughter is really 16.
She cares very much for the little one

1 Comments:

Blogger honkeie said...

LOL sorry but I have 3 boys and 2 of them (6 and 13) have a firm grasp on those words.....but when they do it on accident it is always funny. My 6 year old calls the movie 'Twilight' Toliet....lol

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home