Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On a Lighter Note:


One of Audrey's favorite things to do lately is play princess. She's a different princess every day. On this particular day, she was Ariel (from The Little Mermaid).

Audrey: "Daddy, you're Prince Eric."
Tim: "Thank you! But I think Prince Eric is a little more handsome than Daddy."
Audrey (in a whisper): "I'm pretending."



UPDATE:
I'm certain that my infection is getting better. I can't believe how quickly my scar is healing. I'm on prescription medicine for anemia. So, things are looking up.
We're still a little worried about Ms. Harper. She's not generating the 4-6 pee pee diapers that she should be at this point. Her poos are not regular, either. So, I'm going to a breastfeeding meeting tomorrow and weighing her on their scale (rather than make a doctor's appt. and pay to have her weighed). If she hasn't gained any weight since last week, I'll make another appt. with the pediatrician to find out what the hell is going on. She's eating....a lot. Where's it all going?
Audrey had these problems in the beginning, too- not to this extent though.

So, that's that.

Side note: Tim is completely obsessesed with his blog now. I find it hilarious. Go leave some more comments so that when he checks it for the millionth time that he actually has something to read.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am up too. Nobody comments at my blog either. Bah.

Glad you are feeling a little more like a human being and that things are making more sense. I miss reading you,even though that is selfish, you have to know you've spoiled me.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

I am so glad you are doing better. I willhave to checdk out your husband blog. Hope he is surving all the women in the house. Take care of yourself.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Lalalian said...

Hey chicka!

Great to hear that you're on the mend.

I love that Audrey story. Kids crack me up with they way they just say stuff!

I've been reading Tim's blog. It's set off a few things rolling around my noggin & I'm still processing...

10:19 AM  
Blogger toyfoto said...

relieved to know you feel better. Isn't it amazing how fast the scar heals? Ok. Well the second time didn't heal as fast for me, but that's beside the point; I figured that one would take six months and it only took about 8 weeks.

I digress.

As usual.

10:51 AM  
Blogger eva said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend!

When I was visiting Knoxville for Kitely's birthday, she was pretending with me and held out her hand for me to shake. She said "Nice to meet you. I'm Ariel." I said "Hello Ariel. Nice to meet you, I'm Ursula." She ran away screaming.

These two already have budding imaginations, and it's wonderful!

Take care of yourself! Congratulations on Harper Jane!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Angela,
I'm thinking about you all and am glad you're starting to feel better. Would love to bring dinner for you next Fri, Sat, or Sun if any of those days work for you. Let me know what sounds good and I'll make it. :)

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, chickie! So glad to see that you're home and healing. Crossing fingers that Miss Harper starts filling up those diapers better soon.

My Audrey has just really started to scratch the surface of The Princess Thing. She's not yet obsessed with the Disney gals (thank you Jeebus!), but she has said to me a few times, "I'm a princess." This is usually in reference to her long blonde hair, just after having it combed out. Oy.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angela!
So glad you're on the mend! I'm checking out your blog to see how you're all doing and just thought, Harper is 10 days old now isn't she? My three boys (all breastfed) went through something around 10 days to two weeks where they stopped pooping for a couple days (kept pp'ing though). Each time the pediatrician assured me it was normal, something about their bodies using all the breastmilk efficiently, etc. Sounds like Harper's doing wonderfully as long as the peeps keeps coming, don't worry :)

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home