Wednesday, September 12, 2007

All Hail, The Bubble Queen!

Bubble Queen
Tonight, as we lay in bed avoiding sleep, she pretends to read a book. She turns the pages of "If You Give a Pig a Pancake", (which she's memorized) but doesn't follow the script. Instead, this is what I'm being told:
"What we have here is a chicken and a sandwich."

I laughed so hard. I laughed at the "What we have here" part. I mean, where in the world is this stuff coming from? Oh, and in case you haven't read the book, there's no chicken or sandwich involved. Pigs and pancakes, I think it's mentioned in the title. Why in the world was she thinking about chickens and sandwiches?

Same type thing:
Just the other day, we were on the back porch painting. She did such a phenomenal job that I had to run and get the camera. Finally, as she was nearing the end of her masterpiece, I asked, "What did you paint? What is that a painting of?"
Without hesitation she replied, "This is a scary screw."
She Floored Me Today.
Don't ask me what that means. I have no idea. I know what a "scary screw" means to me, but to her? Well, let's just hope that her connotation differs greatly from mine.

Needless to say, this is totally being framed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

I love that bubble queen...

I laughed out loud at the thought of that looking like a scary screw. I think that painting needs to be kept-- and when she's 25, have her do another called a scary screw and then compare the two...

12:47 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

i love the bubble queen! I also like not "reading by the book". The girls got spunk! :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Did she need some syrup to go with it?

3:00 PM  
Blogger angela said...

beck- can you imagine a scarier screw than that? i don't know if it can be topped, even 20 years later...

misty- that is the understatement of the century!

joys, the oh- i think she considered it, but decided it would be overkill. i'm impressed that she knew when to stop.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home