Monday, July 02, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Yes, we finally made it. We still have some unpacking to do, but at least I can breathe.
We haven't stopped moving since last Thursday!

We can never give enough thanks to the people that helped us move. Seriously, from the very bottom of our hearts, thank you. We will find some way to repay all the kindness.

On moving day, we packed everything in to the house that would fit. Then, we packed the garage to the gills. We still had stuff left over. Several items had to go outside on the deck. And wouldn't ya know it?
It rained.
Luckily, we had a tarp over everything- only minimal damage.

I advertised our yard sale as "The Yard Sale of the Century!"
My plan worked. So many people showed up. It was insane. Never in my life have I made so much at a yard sale. It was almost enough to pay for the stackable washer/dryer that we had to buy. The Kidney Foundation is coming this week to pick up the rest. I'm so excited to have it out of site.

Down-sizing has been fantastic. I feel so... so light! I think I'll get rid of at least one thing a week. Maybe I'll start a "Clean Out Box" and throw things into it- things I never use.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, Audrey LOVES the new house. She runs from room to room, but her favorite part is gazing out the front window. I didn't think about it, but our old house did not allow for window-gazing.

When asked the question, "Do you think we're crazy for moving into a smaller house?" My dad put it most eloquently, "No. This house is more cheery than the old one. It's brighter. It's the right color. It's a happy little house."
I have to agree.
I like our happy little house. I like it a lot.

14 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Congrats on the new house. I am glad you have windows suitable for Audrey to gaze. Hope all goes well.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! You are back! I just got addicted to you and you got all busy IRL!

But damn, the house is adorable. Many congrats.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

what a perfect, lovely little house! :) So glad you are all moved it!

9:17 AM  
Blogger lullaby jones said...

Congratulations on your house! It looks so cozy and wonderful! I wish I could have attended your yard sale. I bet there was some great stuff there.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

What a gorgeous and happy looking home. Congrats on your successful move.

I wish I had the guts to pack up and move. However, my husband works for Ford Motor and there really is never a good time to move. Who knows maybe he wont have a job next year.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Biddy said...

that is the most adorable house!!! congrats!

2:59 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Love the house! Can't wait to see it in person. Glad that you are all happy there! I could certainly learn from you and lighten our load quite a bit... if I just had the energy these days.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

O.M.G. girl! You have a frickin tv dream house! It's so cute! Thank you for giving a bitter, apartment-bound woman some hope! Can I live next door to you guys?

5:34 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Welcome home! (and to the hood!)

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute. house.

3:50 PM  
Blogger rachel ~sesame ellis~ said...

so happy you are all happy in the happy little house.

12:14 AM  
Blogger cranky said...

Love the new shack and SEE! I told ya! That girl of yours won't even remember the old place!

At least she didn't pine for...DIRT.

9:35 AM  
Blogger MamaMaven said...

What a positively adorable house! Glad to hear things went smoothly.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

i love the idea of purging and down sizing! i am working on the first and seriously considering the second. the house is beautiful!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home