Monday, July 09, 2007

Thunder Chicken- 7th out of more than 40.

Last Saturday we headed out to the Starlight Drive In to witness the Soap Box Derby. Tim was on the pit crew for Thunder Chicken.
Thunder Chicken's First Run!
We had such a good time. Everyone was in good spirits and the contestants were like little kids standing in line for a roller coaster.
I couldn't believe some of the carts. I mean people really went all out for this thing.
Standing at the bottom of the hill, it didn't seem like they were going all that fast. Uh, they were.
On nearly every run, someone wiped out. It was exciting and terrifying all at the same time. I mean, com'on, you know most of them were drunk!!!
fastest time, but lost a wheel
bit it hard

This car was INSANE. James Dean. It must have taken her months to get it just right. It was perfect. She wobbled on the hill, but held it together.
James Dean

In other news, as Audrey and I were driving home today from school, I was singing her a song. She screamed with dislike. I said, "What? Am I not singing very well?" Her response, "Please be quiet Mommy."

I was flabbergasted.

7 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

We totally wanted to go to this and then didn't. Should have.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Biddy said...

oh that is just awesome! i love the james dean car!!!!

oh, and by the way, my dog hates my singing, so don't feel too bad

9:25 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

That was all together too much fun. Also, I forgot to tell you, after a few more beers, Ms. Woody agreed to be our driver next year. Bom, chicka, bow-wow...

12:04 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

This looks like so much fun I can hardly stand it! Your pictures are great too!

I hope you will accept the award I've given you. Come on over and grab it.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my word, the cars are killing me!

And by the way... I was singing wayyy off key one day (as opposed to my normal 1/2 offkey) on purpose for fun and Declan says to me "Come on Mama, I know you can sing MUCH better than that."

Um, OK.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

i am late in reading this post. Oh dear, it's never a good thing when your child asks you to quiet!

4:53 PM  
Blogger cranky said...

Love the new header thing - have you seen that website, retroclipart? I used all their stuff for my wedding invites...

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home