Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Just call me Tracey.

I've been working with this woman for a couple of months now.

Today, I was about to get in my car to leave. I was standing at the door reading something unimportant.

This woman walks by me and says, "G'night Tracey."
I looked up, knowing that she was talking to me b/c I was the only other person in the parking lot.
In the seconds before I answered, I contemplated correcting her and what our responses would be. I opted for the shorter version and replied, "G'night."

I don't know about you, but if I'm not sure of someone's name, I either a. don't speak to them or b. just say g'night sans first name.

If I were on my toes I would have said, "G'night Beatrice." You know, put the ball in her court.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should of just said, "Whatever."

4:04 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Hilarious!

How about "G'night Larry!"

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home