Friday, September 22, 2006

Mad Blogging

Mad First Grader

In all of my years of teaching, this is, by far, the funniest thing to pass before my eyes. Now, it is my understanding that this first grader, yes first grader, has a touch of autism. So, in other words, he's a bit brilliant. The PE coach brought this to a faculty meeting, and luckily, I happened to be sitting at her table. We all passed it around and I couldn't resist asking her if I could make my own copy. She said, "Of course." I made a mad dash for the copy room. (I also posted it on the internet as soon as I got home.)

The next day, the PE coach stopped by my room. She said, "I made you your very own copy of the follow-up."
I was so thrilled that she made me my very own copy. I live for this stuff.
With no further ado, here's the follow-up:
the follow up
I'm almost certain that his mom put him up to this.

Needless to say, I'm really liking my new job(s). Both of the elementary schools I work at are great. The kids are excited about making art and are super funny. I even found a kid that hates pizza! That's not something you discover everyday. I made him write that statement down on a post-it note and sign it. I still don't believe him.
wyatt.jpg
The best part of working with the little kids is that they can't say my last name very well. It comes out as Mrs. 'Gorgeous'. I don't correct them. As a matter of fact, when they pronounce my name as such, I tell them they get an extra 'A' for the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Kimberly said...

Those notes are great.

It looks like something that you would find in "Found" magazine...

FOUND Magazine]

1:10 PM  
Blogger jen said...

When kids get my name wrong it's either "Ms. Sicko" or "Ms. Psycho". And I do correct them.

Glad you're enjoying your jobs- the little ones are so much fun!

9:36 PM  
Blogger angela said...

rrachel- are you okay? i heard you had a run-in with a snake!

jen- i'm calling you ms. psycho. that's awesome.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home