Friday, August 04, 2006

Shots.

SHOT.

Audrey had her 15 month appointment today. Yes, we went a little early because I start back to work next week and was trying to avoid missing a day.
I'll give you the update on the 13th, as usual. Why break tradition?

I will tell you that Audrey has become independent overnight. Two days ago I decided to pull out the sewing machine and make some more bibs/aprons. In order to do this, Audrey would have the run of the entire house. I gave it a shot. She was great. She DID, that day go up and down the stairs all by herself though. I was nervous, but I just watched her from afar and gave encouraging words like, "Watch what you're doing!", "Be careful!", "Hold on tight!". She refuses to squat or scoot up and down. She must walk and use the hand rail. And believe it or not, she's acutally tall enough to do so.

We have also completely eliminated the bottle. Cold turkey. I said to her right before her nap, "No ba-ba. We're trying something new. It's time for you to take a nappy all on your own Bgirl. No ba-ba and no rocky. Nappy time."
I placed her gently in her crib, turned on some lite rock for her and shut the door. She wimpered for a minute and then fell asleep.

Wow. Nothing has been that easy lately. She did well with the same routine for bedtime. I hope she keeps it up.

Oh, also this week... she mastered the art of drinking from a straw.
So, much more to tell you, but I'll save it for the real update in a week or so.

I've been so busy this week. Sorry if you feel neglected.
News: Suzanne is now an official Librarian!
El Brown is engaged!
My nephew Brian is also engaged!
My sister sold and bought a new house in 2 weeks!
I get to spend $100 on Georgia's tab for being a teacher!
I got my trusty camera back!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great week for all your friends. Congratulations to the engaged and for the new careered! Audrey is growing up! I have to follow your lead with Audrey. I tell you tonight after a crying war to go to bed I finally gave in. (sucker) and now she's asleep. I have to promise myself ..no picking her up when she bawls..no no no. I'm so glad you got your camera back. It's part of my entertainment you know, checking your stream!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought it was just some weird anomaly but maybe not. My son is 14 months and lately things have been so easy with him, too. It's like someone flipped a switch. Let's hope it lasts for both of them (and us!).

(Looking forward to Audrey's 15 month update. Your last one really inspired me!)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

what fun steps you are all taking together!

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home