Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Chapter Two

Okay, since Flickr is down, I've read everyone's blog and I have nothing left to do but watch TV, I'll go ahead and post chapter two.
.dateproof.
CHAPTER TWO
-DateProof-

It's funny to think of Tim slicing meat now. He's been a vegetarian for 7 years. Once in a while he will throw back a couple skrimps. The last time he did that, we were in Tampa at this amazing restaurant called the Columbia. His skrimp were swimming in garlic and butter. He ate every one. Later that night, they caused torment to Tim's tummy. He got real sick. Skrimps don't agree with his stomach too often. You see, Tim G. is prone to getting 'Poo-cano' (pronouned like volcano, but referencing a different sort of lava). I have to hear about it for weeks when it happens and sometimes I have to run to the nearest store to get some generic Immodium AD. All of our closests friends know about Poo-cano, probably a lot more than they ever cared to.

If someone would have told me back in middle school that I was going to marry that boy... well, I would have giggled myself to tears. Life is funny.

On the night of our first real date, Tim G. slept over at my house. Do you know that we both passed out (fully clothed) due to the tons of alcohol we consumed? When we awoke that next morning, we were still holding hands. Our hands were locked together in the exact same way they were while we were talking and staring up at the ceiling the night before. Niether of us remember "falling asleep". I can honestly say that never in my life have I consumed as much drinky drinky as I had the previous night. My stomach was furious with me when I woke up. I Ralph Machio-ed mucho until I heard a soft knock on the other side of the bathroom door. Tim said he had to go. I pulled myself up from the claw-foot tub to open the door just a pinch. I covered my puke-stained mouth with a towel and barely got out a "good-bye" before almost spewing through the crack. He let himself out and I returned to the tub. That's one of my quirks- I always throw up in the tub. The Throne is such a disgusting place. The thought of what goes on there just makes me more sick.

Later, that afternoon, I called Tim to see if he wouldn't mind driving me back downtown to pick up my car. The whole way there I was too embarrassed to say anything. And because he had nothing to say, I thought for sure, this was it. He dropped me off and upon doing so gave me a CD that he had made a cover for. It read, "Birthday Showdown! This Time You Lose!" Boy, had I ever. But I had also won.
sc0015f887 copy.jpg

5 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

i am so glad that i found your blog!! what a great first date. on my first date with my hubbie i got a concussion from making out on a rock stariway in my parents backyard. had to go to the er next day. we tested these men early, huh?

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each chapter gets more interesting Angela :)

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This issue is so lovely and sweet and gross all at the same time. Keep these coming!
Suzanne

4:40 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

hey! what, do you have a life or something? where the heck is chapter 3? I'm sitting here at my desk trying to look busy, and I've got nothing to keep me from my work! aaagh!

11:53 AM  
Blogger angela said...

autumn! LMAO. you are too funny. how romantic...a rock stairway! : ) I'm surprised you didn't break any bones.

ingrid- i hope you continue to think that. i'd hate to let you, of all people, down!!!

beck-i think YOU taught GARO how to play...

ali- serving it up

melissa!- i sat down and wrote the next chapter just for you. tim was like, "what are you doing? come on! let's go!"
i made him wait out in the car! love ya! mean it!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home