Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Per Request

Okay, some of you kids have read this before and may even have your very own copy. (Thanks for not throwing it away..heh heh.) Anyhoo, Suzanne does not. I have had fun revisiting this 'zine' and I hope you will too.
.freakmagnet.


YOU HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE
- Issue One

CHAPTER ONE
-Freak Magnet-

Life is funny. But not funny 'ha-ha'. My boyfriend always says that. And he's right.

Tim G. That's his name, my boyfriend turned husband. I still call him my boyfriend. I also call him asshole every now and then. Sometimes he deserves it, and sometimes he doesn't. Every girl should be so lucky to meet their own Tim G.

I know what you're thinking...
You're thinking that this is going to be some sappy story. It's not. It's just the story of us. Me and Tim G. with one hand on the dog.

You know that you really love someone when you can still bear to listen to their stories over and over again. I can tell you a million Tim G. stories, but I'll never be able to tell them as well as he can. He is a natural Ham. Ham is a word that we use often in our house. I don't know which of us would win for Biggest Ham- it would be a tie I guess, because he would say it was me, and I would say it was him.

Tim G. and I met a long time ago, when he was a nerd and I was a nobody. We went to school together. Middle School. We never talked to each other......ever. I was friends with his best friend, but never with him. We had classes together and even worked together during high school but never talked. When we were working at Blimpie during the lunch rush, he'd slice the meat and I would dress the sandwiches in silence.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

patiently awaiting chapter 2.. :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger kate said...

yes. chapter 2, please.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wait...is this your 'zine? And your writing? If so, that's way cool!

Waiting for more :)

9:02 PM  
Blogger angela said...

oh man, i just read through the rest of the zine and i don't know if i should post all of it over the internet!
oh well, maybe i should just grin and bear it. after all it was almost 5 years ago that i wrote it, before i even knew what blogging was.

izzy- you just keep those compliments coming, because your like famous in my opinion. : ) that's like elvis telling me i have a great voice.... (uh, that would have never ever been said about me though...then or now)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

this is FABULOUS! it is dripping with sweetness and utterly real as a bitch at the same time.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't waited this anxiously for entertainment since Sex and the City . . .

Suzanne

4:33 PM  
Blogger angela said...

ooh la la...being compared to sex in the city? nice.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home