Saturday, July 15, 2006

Who will be Governor?

Is anyone watching the question and answer session for the democratic candidates for governor of the state of Georgia? I am. Let me tell you how funny this is. It amazes me that some of these people have gotten this high up. One candidate, Mac McCarley, responded to a question by saying, "I have a gay grandson and if someone tried to hurt him I'd probably go at him with a baseball bat!" (Of course this is paraphrased and out of context, but still quite amusing that someone would use those exact words in such a setting.) In response to another question about raising the drivers' license age he said simply, "I agree with the lady." (Cathy Cox) But that's all he said! OH LORD! Another one. The question was: "How do we take care of our kids and make sure they have health insurance?" He paused for a long time and then said, "I think I'll pass on that, thank you."
He's just such a typical southern good ol' boy. Again, how in the world did he get there?

For the record, I'm voting Cathy Cox. Mark Taylor seems competent enough, but I find Cathy Cox to be impressive and extremely well spoken.

Tonight: 14 Month Update (I'm still working on it)

3 Comments:

Blogger Brittany Andrews said...

I was a Cox supporter. However, now I am for Mark Taylor because Cox's record makes me nervous. Everything that she has "accomplished" has turned into a controversy. Worse than that, she panders.

3:31 PM  
Blogger angela said...

like i said, i also think mark is competent. i'd be happy with either one actually...i think the other two guys are boobs.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

Making fun of local politics is such a sport at the newspaper where I work. Black or white, young or old, idiots rule! Our mayor has to wear a cap around that says "Mayor" -- I guess he needs to be reminded of his job title on a daily basis. Our former Governor was just found guilty on corruption charges. This is the second Governor in 12 years to hold that esteemed honor. Oh sweet home!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home