Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I hate Doctors.

I haven't been to the girl doctor since I had Audrey. I liked my girl doctor. Actually, she was the fist doctor that I liked, EVER. I couldn't make an appointment with her though, because we no longer have that particular insurance.

So, I found myself at the computer screen, browsing our providers and searching for a name that I found to be non-threatening. That would be Dr.Pamela Brown. She sounded simple and clean, just what I wanted. And best of all, she was 3 minutes down the road. I wish they had pictures to go along with the names. That would be helpful.

I hate going to new doctors. The last one I picked didn't work out so well. I picked her because her last name was Wadsworth (close to mine). She sucked. All I needed from her was cough medicine, so that didn't matter much. Now, finding just the right girl doctor is a chore. I don't want to drop my pants for just anybody!

I arrived at Dr.Pamela Brown's office early because I knew I'd have to fill out the new patient paperwork, but also because I wanted some extra time to read through all of the smut magazines: In Touch, People, US, you know, that good celebrity smut.

I found the correct suite number, opened the door and immediately got a bad impression. All of the office furniture was that cheap, immitation, upholstered, frenchie stiff crap. That style has got to be my least favorite. Also, there were signs posted every two feet that said, "Absolutely no food or drink". It was overkill. Anyway, I found a not-so-comfortable loveseat to begin my paperwork. After finishing, I was excited to scout the room for some of my favorite doctor's office magazines.

Disappointment set in when I realized there were none to be found. I stood up for a better vantage point and did a 360 again....none. To my immediate left was a Children's Bible and to my immediate right a Parenting magazine. Do I really have to tell you which one I chose? I was so upset though, I was really looking forward to diving into Jolie, Pitt, Cruise, Spears, Simpson, Vaughn...... I needed an escape today. I thought mabye I'd buy a couple at Kroger while waiting for my perscription, but who am I kidding? I'm too cheap.

The actual appointment was fine, I guess. I won't be going back there though. Celebrity magazines are a must for the waiting room. Too bad they didn't have a suggestion box.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Sorry to hear that you hate doctors! I'll make sure I have good magazines when I have my own office!

5:33 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Trying out new girl doctors can be very intimidating. Too bad you don't live near me, I really like my doctor's office.

9:09 AM  
Blogger mist1 said...

I like Wadsworth. I liked her better when Catwalk was still open next door.

4:43 PM  
Blogger angela said...

mist1- you have to check this out. i googled her name and this was the first hit: http://www.judysbook.com/cities/atlanta-ga/Family-Practice/87968/p1/Virginia_Highland_Primary_Care.htm
(sorry, i tried to make it a link for you, but failed miserably.)
i had never been to Catwalk. i didn't realize it had closed. i'm a big fan of Shoemaker's Warehouse.

lindsay- i freakin' love Highlights. i can't wait until Audrey is old enough.

beck- guess who else had dr. levitt....susan! what a small world. she told me some really funny stories about him and the things he said.

jen- i imagine it would be easier to find good care out there...

dr.keziah- i think it's a must! it helps your patients feel at ease. if i'm not engrossed in some mag, i'm thinking about my appointment and get overly nervous!

laura patty- you're a rummy! :)

ali- you're so thoughtful. i don't know if i would be able to part with my magazines though...

10:06 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

I can totally relate with this. It's the gold framed furniture, vinyl seat cushions and out-of-date magazines that kill me. My doctor, also Lindsay's, seems to have every issue of Parents ever published and for someone with no human babies, who is super nervous about the doctor, I could give two craps.

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, Angela! I TOLD you to go to Dr. Levitt! He truly is the best and you come out with great stories to share with your friends!

"Susan" AKA Suzanne

5:40 PM  
Blogger angela said...

i was like, who's susan? and then i scrolled up and figured it out! HAHAHAHA! sorry!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home